Monday, August 4, 2014

Following Dreams...

_2_ days spent writing. This is moving up for me!
_1941_ words added to my MS. Not too shabby. I won't complain.
_3_ moments of euphoria. Not only did I find time to write but I finished finals for my class and got to throw my daughter a princess birthday party. Whoot!
_0_ moment of frustration.
_3_ days reading a good book. LOVE my reading time! Have you ever noticed how reading good books not only helps you write better, but it's motivating! I love that!

What a week this has been. I finished up finals for my class, found a little spare time to write, time to read a bit, and I even watched a movie. Mostly, I put together a princess party for my little one. It was fantastic. Elsa and Anna came from Arendelle just for us! What could be better? It was absolutely magical.
Today, I get to spend celebrating my daughters "actual" birthday, not just her party. It will be an interesting day, but probably wonderful too. Kids are fantastic. Our plan was to go swimming, but I don't think the weather will be cooperating, so we'll see what Plan B ends up being.

I finally took time to watch the movie, Noah. Worst.Movie.EVER! Okay, maybe not ever, but it was pretty bad. I tried to ignore the bad reviews because I thought it really had potential. The storyline was awful. I highly recommend you don't waste your time. You won't like Noah, and you won't like the story. I won't say it didn't have a couple good moments, but it's not worth it at all. I swear, when the movie ended, my jaw hung open as I tried to comprehend how ridiculous and horrible the movie was.

In other news... I have a new job! I turned in my notice at the school, and I'm now doing books for our farm. I did this before, but they are putting more responsibility on me and I will be working from home and doubling up on some of my school classes. This was an extremely difficult decision for me. I love my job at the elementary school. I love teaching and working with students. But, when I finally complete my degree I'll have a full time job with benefits and my own "official" classroom! Dreams, right! This is one of mine and working from home will help me accomplish it faster. Also, it helps that I will have more time with my kiddos and should find more time to write. Then I might be able to accomplish another dream... publishing a novel!

So HIP HIP HOORAY for having dreams and the hard work and sacrifice it takes to make them a reality!

18 comments:

Donna K. Weaver said...

That's always a tough one, giving up a job you love. But that's great you can do the new one from home.

Madeline Mora-Summonte said...

Yeh for dreams and moving even closer to accomplishing them!

Hmm, I had a note to get NOAH on DVD from the library. Maybe not anymore.... Yikes! :)

Madeline @ The Shellshank Redemption

Sarah Foster said...

Congrats on the new job! If it brings you closer to your dreams, then it's probably the right decision.

I totally agree about reading--it always motivates me to write more, especially if I'm reading a book in the same genre as mine.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Congratulations on the new job and a successful party! Hope your daughter has a good day even if you don't go swimming.
I suspected that since they deviated from the Bible so much with Noah it would just annoy the crap out of me, so I didn't see it.

Kyra Lennon said...

I love the happiness in this post! Congrats on the new job!

I loved your daughter's birthday party photos on Instagram - such a cutie!

Natalie Aguirre said...

Congrats on your new job even though it was a hard decisions. Sounds like you've been getting lots done. And I love reading time too.

Carrie-Anne said...

Congratulations on your new job! I hope everything works out for the best.

S.P. Bowers said...

You have to have a dream, otherwise what do you live for? Keep dreaming and good luck!

Nicole said...

Ahh, that princess party looks amazing!! What a lucky gal your daughter is. Congrats on the new job.

J.L. Campbell said...

Hi, Leigh,
Life is all about changes and moving forward.

I'm sure you've made the right decision for you and your family, even if it was a tough one. Hopefully, you'll have more time for writing.

Morgan said...

I LOVE your enthusiasm, Leigh. Seriously. You are one special person. Love your stats and your goals and YAY for a new job… I hope you can continue to align your life and make your dreams happen. You're too much of a wonderful person/talent to not accomplish everything you dream of!!!

clarbojahn said...

Just got a summer's worth of posts in my mail. I wondered where you went!! Must have been a glitch in the server.

Congrats on your decision for your new job, Leigh! That sounds terrific. Having more time to write is always a plus. Loved seeing photos of the new cover releases as well as those of the summer tournament.

Keep up those dreamin' dreams. Love hearing about them. :)

Jennifer Ruth Jackson said...

Boy, you were busy!
The lack of frustrating moments this week (especially while hosting a party, writing, and giving notice) is incredible.

You did what you felt was best when you decided to move on from your job. If that's not where you think you belong, it was necessary.

Rachel Schieffelbein said...

Congratulations on the new job! That's great! And what great stats! Writing done, no frustration, and an awesome party! Woo hoo!

Kimberly said...

Congrats on your new job and the fact that you are taking more steps to reach your dreams!

P.S. I guess I was already following you because today when I tried it again, it showed that I already had awhile ago - blogger is so weird sometimes - giving me all those errors before. Oh, and I didn't much care for that movie either.

Adeeva Afsheen said...


Banned complain !! Complaining only causes life and mind become more severe. Enjoy the rhythm of the problems faced. No matter ga life, not a problem not learn, so enjoy it :)

Jamu Penambah Nafsu Makan Anak
Obat Herbal Untuk Penurun Panas
Suplemen Herbal Peninggi Badan
Suplemen Untuk Ibu Setelah Melahirkan
Jenis Suplemen Yang Baik Dikonsumsi Ibu Hamil
Suplemen Pencegah Cacat Janin
Suplemen Untuk Ibu Hamil
Suplemen Untuk Kesehatan Janin
Cara Menghilangkan Lemak Ditubuh Dengan Cepat
Suplemen Penguat Daya Ingat

kold_kadavr_ flatliner said...

Whoa, Nelly! Easy, girl!
Jussta varmint with fresh breath.
Wanna see my
oblong, dogged,
zigzag, wildfire blogs
whichr neurosurgeon
precise on our scythe?
Gitr done, Paw!
YeeeeHaw!!!

kold_kadavr_ flatliner said...

Whoa, Nelly! Easy, girl!
Jussta varmint with fresh breath.
Wanna see my
oblong, dogged,
zigzag, wildfire blogs
whichr neurosurgeon
precise on our scythe?
Gitr done, Paw!
YeeeeHaw!!!