Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Playing Catch Up

I have to apologize for not posting yesterday. I didn't even do my Monday Milestones - so I'll make it quick. No writing this past week. Sad, yes. I did, however, manage a lot of walking while carrying chairs, umbrellas, soccer bags, and water bottles. As well as a lot of cheering and a bit of heckling referees. (It had to be done.)

Now I am so excited to have a week home. I absolutely love soccer tournaments, but we've had 3 in a row and I'm ready for a small break before the next one. I have time to catch up on writing, laundry, house cleaning, homework, and over-all sanity. I do have finals due the next two weeks so they'll require some focus, but I should still be able to find some writing time.

Also... a HUGE shout out to two fabulous people - David Powers King and Michael Jensen! They just revealed the cover for their debut novel, WOVEN, and it's absolutely fantastic!
Congrats Gentlemen!

Also, I decided I would go see The Fault in Our Stars. I wasn't going to go see it. Not that I didn't think it would be good, but because I didn't want to cry. Well, I decided I shouldn't pass it up and I'm glad I didn't. Fantastic movie. I bawled like a baby and had a headache afterward, but it was worth it. I also almost had to yell at the teenagers sitting behind us who somehow thought it appropriate to talk through the entire thing and kick our chairs. GRRR. It's almost as bad as making out in Schinder's List!!! O-well, it's over and no teenagers were harmed (even verbally) in the process.

What have you been up to?

16 comments:

Sarah Foster said...

I hate when people talk at the movies! You'd think if someone is paying the money to see a movie they'd want to, I don't know, watch it?

Madeline Mora-Summonte said...

Love the "Seinfeld" reference!

And I might have to wait to see TFIOS on DVD - not sure I want to wear the ugly cry face in the theater. :)

Madeline @ The Shellshank Redemption

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I don't think I'd want the headache afterwards, although movies with lots of explosions in 3D have done that to me.

ilima said...

I've seen TFIOS twice now. I have a feeling it will be one of those movies I cry in EVERY time. :)

Jennifer Ruth Jackson said...

Nice cover reveal.

I've been trying to recover from a hectic summer. I'll probably make a full recovery... around October.

Emily R. King said...

Soccer tournaments are fun, but exhausting. I hope your catch up week goes well!

Sheena-kay Graham said...

That movie left Jamaica before I could see it. At least I have the book. I remember having to trudge along to my brothers football (Jamaica) games when I was younger. The sun was unbearable. Congrats to David and Mike on Woven and the cover is definitely fantastic.

Sheena-kay Graham said...

That movie left Jamaica before I could see it. At least I have the book. I remember having to trudge along to my brothers football (Jamaica) games when I was younger. The sun was unbearable. Congrats to David and Mike on Woven and the cover is definitely fantastic.

Elizabeth Seckman said...

I must confess. I have heckled a ref or two in my day. Hey, they're pros...they can take it!

Donna K. Weaver said...

I have family here for nearly a month, and I didn't get a lot done either. Now it's time to focus. :D

Nicole said...

Congrats to David and Michael! I'm in summer reading mode these days and loving it. :)

Stephanie Faris said...

I went to see The Fault in Our Stars with a friend and her teen daughters...my teen stepdaughter was with us. They all insisted we sit in the back row and the other kids' mom was in on it with them. I thought it was ridiculous to sit in the back row. Turned out, the kids just wanted to sit in the back row so they could text their friends and instagram and whatnot. I was against that but, again, the friend wasn't against it and they were her kids. I would've said no, but I felt outnumbered!

.Michelle Dennis Evans said...

Great cover! The sporting years are fun... even if they are quite time consuming :D xx

J.L. Campbell said...

Hi, Leigh,

I like the cover of Woven. It speaks to me of magic.

I hope you've had time to catch up on your writing in between all of the housework.

Crystal Collier said...

Wait, that was my title last week. ;)

Way to get out of the house and enjoy some real time! I'm jealous. I'm also SUPER stoked for David. He's had such a long and bumpy journey to this point.

Adeeva Afsheen said...


Banned complain !! Complaining only causes life and mind become more severe. Enjoy the rhythm of the problems faced. No matter ga life, not a problem not learn, so enjoy it :)

Jamu Penambah Nafsu Makan Anak
Obat Herbal Untuk Penurun Panas
Suplemen Herbal Peninggi Badan
Suplemen Untuk Ibu Setelah Melahirkan
Jenis Suplemen Yang Baik Dikonsumsi Ibu Hamil
Suplemen Pencegah Cacat Janin
Suplemen Untuk Ibu Hamil
Suplemen Untuk Kesehatan Janin
Cara Menghilangkan Lemak Ditubuh Dengan Cepat
Suplemen Penguat Daya Ingat