Monday, June 23, 2014

WINNER, Milestones, & Other Stuff

I've had a pretty decent week for myself as far as milestones go. At least, it's been much more productive than my last few weeks have been, which makes me happy.
4 - days I found time to write this week! (small miracle for me!)
2600 - words written. (Not huge, but not too bad.)
1 - moment of euphoria. (I'm excited about this book & the characters.)
1 - moment of frustration. (Sometimes I still feel so far behind.)
6 - days reading good books! (Yes, that's plural! I love finally finding time to read, and good books inspire me to write!)

Also, the WINNER of a paperback copy of Michelle Merrill's book, Changing Fate, goes to Rachel Schieffelbein!!!
Congrats Rachel!
I will be emailing you soon so I can put your book in the mail! You'll love it!

Now let's play catch up:
  1. I have been trying desperately to get my house put back together after trying to put my daughters in separate rooms. It's much more peaceful, but a freaking mess! We should get the last bed on Tuesday, so I'm looking forward to that. Now I just need to find a desk so I can get the new "office area" organized. One of the girls moved into my office.
  2. I spent more days writing than I did on homework. I'm just not motivated with homework right now. I'm still doing good and getting things done, but I'd like to be a little more on the ball. However, I'm excited about my writing progress.
  3. I learned that when visiting someone in prison you should NOT wear an under wire bra. It will set off the metal detector and you'll have to go find a pocket knife in your car to cut out the under wire before you can be allowed to enter (assuming you get through the metal detector without any other issues - be sure to keep the mini pocket knife in the car. That wouldn't go over well). That or find a store in a timely manner and buy a new bra. 
  4. Something FUNNY - One of the guards during "visiting hours" was reading a Tom Clancy book. It was awesome. I couldn't help but laugh. 
So, how is your writing progress coming? What are you up to? Learned any weird life lessons lately?

20 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Sorry you set off the metal detector!
Hope you get your desk set up soon.

Sarah Foster said...

Yikes! I don't think I own a bra that isn't under wire.

Glad you found some time to write.

Rachel Schieffelbein said...

Yay! Thank you so much!
And yay for finding more time to write. :) As far as the underwire, wouldn't it have been easier to take off the bra? Lol. Or that a no-way in the shirt you were wearing? ;)

Kyra Lennon said...

Lol, what Rachel said - just take the bra off! :D

Congrats on the writing progress!

Jessie Humphries said...

Did I miss who your visiting in prison? That bra story needs to be in a book!

Leigh Covington said...

Kyra & Rachel - very good point! I should have mentioned that you can't go in without a bra. I guess you could if they couldn't tell - but I didn't want to risk that. LOL

L.G. Smith said...

Hey, 2600 words in four busy, stressed out days is pretty awesome. Just makes you feel better to squeeze in a little writing among all the other responsibilities. :)

Nick Wilford said...

That's one busy week. I know kids accumulate a lot of stuff, so moving them is not a minor matter! But yay to office space!

Michelle Merrill said...

Congrats to the winner!

And yay for your writing!

And cutting out the underwire? Buahaha. That's hilarious. But you get to buy a new bra :)

Mark Koopmans said...

Dear Ms. Covington,

Thank you so much for following my blog - that is most kind of you :)

PS: I agree - you should work that bra event into a book/story.. I was like, wow.. I never knew that :)

PPS: I wonder if a coconut bra would do the trick :)

PPPS: Congrats on the positive strides this (and all) weeks - and good luck with the house modifications :)

Cortney Pearson said...

Bahaha I'm totally laughing about the bra thing!! What a thing to learn, lol. Good luck with the declutter-ness of your house. We've been moving things around and painting and it's so hard to get things put back in their places! And yay for reading good books! (Who needs homework anyway? :-p)

Cherie Reich said...

That's interesting about the bra and prisons.

Congrats with the writing progress!

Patricia T. said...

Congrats to the winner. I purchased the book and received it a few days ago. Look forward to reading it. Thanks for the recommendation.

Too funny about the bra and prison.

It's very hard to contact you. You commented on my blog, but I wasn't sure if you were interested in the giveaway. Thought I sent you a tweet asking, but it doesn't show on my end.

Pat

Natalie Aguirre said...

Glad your writing is going so well. Mine is on hold until 2015 because I'm starting my swim captain mom duties and there's A LOT to do.

David P. King said...

Glad things are calming down and you're finding more time. Since you asked, I'd say the last two months have been the busiest in my life. Good thing I get a vacation soon. :)

Crystal Collier said...

Bwahahahaha! That bra incident sounds like fodder for a story. Wow. Congrats to Rachel, and way to go you! Get that reading and writing in! I find when I'm polishing a couple books a week, I'm actively looking for the things I can improve in my own writing. Super bonus, eh?

M Pax said...

Hope everything is back together now. I'm having a hard time getting into writing this week, but will force myself after lunch.

Elizabeth Seckman said...

I never, ever feel like I am getting enough done. It's so frustrating.

I would totally have been caught with underwire. I don't think I own one that doesn't have it!

Robin said...

I laughed out loud reading about the bra issue. Congrats on all that reading and 2600 words isn't bad at all! Way to go.

Adeeva Afsheen said...


Banned complain !! Complaining only causes life and mind become more severe. Enjoy the rhythm of the problems faced. No matter ga life, not a problem not learn, so enjoy it :)

Suplemen Pelangsing Herbal
Suplemen Peremajaan Kulit
Obat Herbal Penyakit Gastritis
Obat Herbal Patah Tulang
Jenis Suplemen Yang Baik Dikonsumsi Ibu Hamil
Suplemen Kesehatan Tulang
Obat Tradisional Penurun Kolesterol
Suplemen Penurun Kolesterol Dalam Darah
Suplemen Penurun Kolesterol Tinggi
Green World Blueberry Concentrate