Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Torn Canvas Blog Tour with Donna K. Weaver

I am so excited to be part of Donna's blog tour. She is amazingly talented and a fantastic friend. I wanted to do a quick highlight of her newest book, Torn Canvas, and follow up with a fun little interview.
Here's the Blurb:
Modern-day pirates took more than Jori Virtanen's friends; they stole his face. Not only does twenty-four-year-old former model have to confront months of reconstructive surgery, he discovers his previous life was as superficial as his looks. Jori struggles to make a new life for himself as an artist while evading the press. They expect a hero, but he knows the truth. His beauty masks a beast.

Olivia Howard's given up a normal life for her job, and the sacrifices are finally paying off. The twenty-six-year-old talk show host's ratings are heading to the top of the charts. Her dream is to make a difference in people's lives, but the studio wants mind fluff - like interviewing hot model Jori Virtanen. When Olivia learns the guy helped rescue passengers on a cruise excursion from kidnappers, she knows this is the story she needs to make her case. The only problem is the hero was injured, and now he's disappeared.

The more Olivia learns about the man behind the scar, the more intrigued she becomes. But Jori is no girl's happily ever after. Once she finds him, Olivia has to free his heart and help heal the beast.

Find Torn Canvas:


Now for a quick interview with Donna:

1. How about a quick flash interview to get warmed up? I give you a word, and you tell me the first thing that comes to mind.

ROCK - Wizard
Harry Potter geek, here. This is my favorite Wizard Rock group and one of my favorite songs: 


CUT - Words
WHITE - Space
LAKE - Powell
SMILE - Don't worry, be happy
BOOK - baby
EAT - healthy
2. And I'm always curious about authors when they have multiple books out. Do you find it hard to keep up or do you find yourself more motivated? How do you keep yourself going and doing such a great job?
Keep up, as in my reading of those books? I've decided to accept what I am: a slow writer. I have some author friends who put out five to seven books last year. I can't do that. It takes time for the story to simmer, even once I have the first draft written. My books do tend to involve a lot more inner conflict than some of these others, and they are in different genres. I also work full time. That day job is a real time suck. lol
3. What do you have in store for your readers next? Anything you can tell us about, yet?
I am currently working on the third book in the Safe Harbors series. It will star Marc, the brother of Lyn (the main character in the first book A Change of Plans). Marc becomes friends of Jori from Torn Canvas. The working title for Marc's story is Swing Vote. While ACoP and TC are very much companion novels, happening during generally the same span of time (though TC takes the reader beyond where ACoP ended), Swing Vote takes place a few years later. Confused yet?

Hope's Watch is a novelette that bridges A Change of Plans and Torn Canvas. Anyone who's read either of those books will know who Elle is (Lyn's best friend), and it tells how she met the man she eventually marries. 

There was an epilogue that my editor thought I should cut, so it is the beginning of what will be a short story bridging Torn Canvas and Swing Vote. My goal is to have it ready for release late this year or early next year.

I did slip a Safe Harbors character into my Ripple Effect Romance Novella book, Second Chances 101. There's a character, Samantha, who is demanding her own story, and her life will merge into the lives of the Safe Harbors folks.

I've also written a YA portal fantasy I hope to get back to editing. And that SciFi trilogy I have nearly a third done ...

About the Author:
Author of the Safe Harbors series and Second Chances 101, Book 5 in the Ripple Effects series. A wife, mother, grandmother, Harry Potter geek, Army veteran, and karate black belt.

Find Donna on: 
Blog | Amazon Author Page Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube | Google+

Thank you for sharing with us today, Donna, and congratulations on your book!

And... for those of you haven't had a chance to enter the GIVEAWAY to win a copy of Changing Fate, by Michelle Merrill, you can do so HERE!

13 comments:

Donna K. Weaver said...

Thanks Leigh!

L.G. Smith said...

Yay for Donna's newest release. I do love how you've expanded the world and gone on to tell other characters' stories. That makes for a fun series. :)

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Don't worry Donna, I'm a slow writer as well. We have to go at our own pace, right?

Sheena-kay Graham said...

Congrats Donna and I'm a slow writer as well. More Potter fans! Yay!

David P. King said...

Yay, Donna! By the way, when it comes to writing, I'm tortoise slow. I need a hare to kick my rear into gear. :)

Nick Wilford said...

You have quite a diversity of genres going on. Keep up the good work!

S.P. Bowers said...

Congrats on the book! I write pretty slow, too. I blame it on the kids. :)

J.L. Campbell said...

Hi, Leigh, love the look.

Congrats to Donna. I like the sound of the story. Deep characters.

perpetual new girl said...

Wow! This interview is amazing and just packs a lot of information into a concise manner. Great introduction to Donna and Torn Canvas. Thank you so much! We hope you continue to find awesome reads through Lady Reader's Blog Tours!

perpetual new girl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
perpetual new girl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Medeia Sharif said...

I love Donna's writing. I can't wait to write after my day job.

Adeeva Afsheen said...


Banned complain !! Complaining only causes life and mind become more severe. Enjoy the rhythm of the problems faced. No matter ga life, not a problem not learn, so enjoy it :)

Suplemen Pelangsing Herbal
Suplemen Peremajaan Kulit
Obat Herbal Penyakit Gastritis
Obat Herbal Patah Tulang
Jenis Suplemen Yang Baik Dikonsumsi Ibu Hamil
Suplemen Kesehatan Tulang
Obat Tradisional Penurun Kolesterol
Suplemen Penurun Kolesterol Dalam Darah
Suplemen Penurun Kolesterol Tinggi
Green World Blueberry Concentrate