Monday, June 30, 2014

Frustration SUCKS!

I don't even want to post today because I feel too frustrated with my writing. Ugh. Do you ever feel like you just... suck? That's kind of where I'm at for the moment, and I don't really love it. I swear, I have writers ADD! However, as time has passed I've learned a couple things, and one of those things is that these frustrating days will pass. DON'T GIVE UP! Right?

So here are this weeks stats:
2- days I found time to write this week!
2180 - words written. (Not huge, but not too bad.)
1 - moment of euphoria.
too many- moments of frustration (which I explained above).
6 - days reading a good book, AND critiquing a good book! 
I have come to realize that being accountable keeps me going. My numbers and progress may not be huge, but it keeps me from not getting anything done, and I like that. It's always good to move forward, right?
 Also, if you noticed I am suddenly "following" your blog... AGAIN, blame it on the new email. I switched my blogger info to a new email and now I have to re-follow all of you! I'm trying to get caught up, but it takes time. Just don't want you thinking I "un-followed" you at some point. That wouldn't be cool and I love you too much to do that!

And, I am currently reading Moonless, by Crystal Collier, which is a very creeptastically, cool book that makes me sleep with a nightlight on. Yes, I am rockin' the nightlight these days and it's totally worth it!

What are you reading? How do you overcome frustration?

13 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Sorry you have to go back and follow everyone again.
Sometimes accountability is all that keeps us going.

Madeline Mora-Summonte said...

As long as you're moving forward - no matter how small the steps! - that's what counts.

Reading the new one by Chevy Stevens - THAT NIGHT - and loving it!

Madeline @ The Shellshank Redemption

Sarah Foster said...

Some progress is better than no progress! I think we all have those moments when we think we're terrible. It'll pass--especially if you write something awesome!

Rosalyn said...

So sorry you're frustrated! But I think it's part of being a writer. And the good ones are always more aware of their flaws. :)

Lara Schiffbauer said...

2180 words is more than I did last week. :) The way I look at it is any forward progress is progress. I understand about the writer ADD though. I sit down and then think of a zillion things other than what I'm doing. I make myself concentrate on writing for 15 minutes, and then if I want I can quit. BUT! I usually end up writing for much longer. It's all a mind game.

I hope your frustration subsides soon. :)

Robin said...

I was living in frustration not long ago myself and then I found a new method of revising (from Susan Dennard) and it has helped me have a focus and specific plan to work through my disaster of a manuscript. You can do it. One day at a time, one word at a time. Thanks for sharing your stats. I like your accountability idea and might steal it.

Botanist said...

I know that frustration all too well. Right now I'm struggling to get to grips with revising a novel I drafted last year.

Tammy Theriault said...

I'm stealing that pic!!! it's my fav saying from that movie. that movie just makes me nod with all it's meaning! keeping going babe. you're amazing and I was just thinking how I'm so flipping f-word glad you're back to blogging again!! HUGS

Cherie Colyer said...

I like your accountability idea, too. I recently had an epiphany about one of my main characters and now have to go back and fix several chapters in my current WIP before I can finish the first draft. I wonder if I can find a way to track my progress on fixing what I have written.

Editors At Work said...

Keep on moving forward...it's progress. All the best!

Krista McLaughlin said...

I like that! I definitely use accountability to keep myself on track. It's one reason I share my goals at the beginning of each month to let others know and then see at the next month how I did.

Have fun reading, critiquing, and writing!

Medeia Sharif said...

I either join a challenge or post Instagram pics on my progress. I also share it on IWSG posts, as well as with my critique group. When I share my progress with others, I'm motivated, rather than being in a bubble all by myself and writing only when the mood hits me.

I think those words are progress. We'll have fast and then slow weeks.

Adeeva Afsheen said...


Banned complain !! Complaining only causes life and mind become more severe. Enjoy the rhythm of the problems faced. No matter ga life, not a problem not learn, so enjoy it :)

Jamu Penambah Nafsu Makan Anak
Obat Herbal Untuk Penurun Panas
Suplemen Herbal Peninggi Badan
Suplemen Untuk Ibu Setelah Melahirkan
Jenis Suplemen Yang Baik Dikonsumsi Ibu Hamil
Suplemen Pencegah Cacat Janin
Suplemen Untuk Ibu Hamil
Suplemen Untuk Kesehatan Janin
Cara Menghilangkan Lemak Ditubuh Dengan Cepat
Suplemen Penguat Daya Ingat