Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Prepping for Accountability!



Starting in June, I will change my posting days from Wednesdays to Mondays. Mostly this is for an accountability tracker that I’m sure will help me through the summer. I will call it my Monday Milestones, where I will record how many days I wrote the past week, how many words I added to my MS, how many fabulous moments I had, and how many moments of frustration I overcame! (Got to keep it positive, right?) And I better include how many days I got to read, because that’s just good for the soul! I got the idea for Jessie Humphries blog where she shares her “bullet points.” Mine's a little different, but that was where I got my inspiration – thank you Jessie! If you’d like to join me by sharing your own milestones, I’d love it! First day will be Monday, June 2nd!
  
Monday Milestones:

___  Days spent writing, plotting, or developing characters!
 ___  Words written.
___  Moments of euphoria.
___  Moments of frustration overcome.
___  Days spent reading a good book!

 Also, I will share some awesome books that I've had the chance to read lately. I'm finally figuring out how to fit more into my schedule. I just finished reading Fate Intended...
And they are both UBER FANTASTIC! I would highly recommend them!
I am currently in the middle of reading Not Your Average Happy Ending, which is all kinds of awesome,
and next on my list is Dreams of Gods & Monsters, which I have been waiting for FOR-EV-ER! I'm so excited for this book!
So tell me, what are you reading? What do you do to keep yourself accountable for your writing?

20 comments:

ilima said...

Great books. Looking forward to your summer posts. Up next I get to read Book Worm. I can't wait!

Elizabeth Seckman said...

What a great idea! I usually post on Tuesdays, but hey...I do whatever I want anyhow. :)

Thanks for reading my book. I lovee you!!! And have I thanked you for the review? Like for real said thanks, not just squealed and told my family how you are just the bestest? My brain is getting a little fried. I need to make better lists :)

Cortney Pearson said...

I love this idea!! And I've noticed Jessie does her bullets--fantastic!! I just might copy you. ;)

These sound like some resplendent reads, and I love the idea of an *accountability* system--I SO need one of those.

Charlie Holmberg said...

I'm about to start CRUEL BEAUTY. :)

Much luck on the writing!

Charlie Holmberg said...

I'm about to start CRUEL BEAUTY. :)

Much luck on the writing!

Emily R. King said...

Great plan, Leigh! Looking forward to it!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

That's a great way to do it!

Tammy Theriault said...

I thought you're idea sounded familiar. Lol!! I think it's a great way to be accountable and kick yourself into gear. Squeezes to all the book shoutouts. Especially the firey read head! Big hugs Leigh. Me love you long time ;)-

Carrie Butler said...

Go Leigh!! :D

Crystal Collier said...

Whew! I'm in the middle of about seven books, but I've got a self-imposed deadline on two of them, so hopefully I'll get done in the next day or two.

Accountability... Now that I'm published, I have people asking me for a sequel, regularly. That's pretty good motivation. ;)

Natalie Aguirre said...

Sounds like a great idea. I think a lot of people post on Mondays so it's a good day to post too.

Mark Koopmans said...

Aloha :)

Hey, that sounds like a great idea, so good luck with it:)

I'd join, but I'm such a general flake right now...

Currently, a successful day for me is bringing home the same amount of children I left with...

... although Mrs. Wilson from down the road was a bit upset because I had one of hers playing with mine in the backyard... :)

Melissa said...

Accountability is good. I joined Father Dragon's Goal Partners group so he can sic his dwarves on me or give me a dragon bite when I need one. :P

Wow - those books look fantastic!
More for the TBR...

Kyra Lennon said...

I loved How To Seduce a Band Geek! <3

Jessie Humphries said...

Wahoo! I did something that inspired someone!? That's weird for me...I usually just offend and annoy everyone ;0
Hmm, maybe I should start a Writer's Bullet Mafia! haha...

Donna K. Weaver said...

Yeah. Read a good book! You've got a lot of good titles there. :D

Rachel Schieffelbein said...

What a good idea! One I'm way to chicken to do myself! Lol.
Love Elizabeth and Cassie! And I LOVED the Daughter of Smoke and Bone books. The last one does not disappoint. :)

Stephanie Faris said...

I read Fate Intended--it was awesome. How to Seduce a Band Geek? What FUN. I'm going to add that to my TBR list.

Kimberly said...

What a fabulous idea for posting on Monday's.

I loved Fate Intended - such a cute story!

Adeeva Afsheen said...


Banned complain !! Complaining only causes life and mind become more severe. Enjoy the rhythm of the problems faced. No matter ga life, not a problem not learn, so enjoy it :)

Suplemen Pelangsing Herbal
Suplemen Peremajaan Kulit
Obat Herbal Penyakit Gastritis
Obat Herbal Patah Tulang
Jenis Suplemen Yang Baik Dikonsumsi Ibu Hamil
Suplemen Kesehatan Tulang
Obat Tradisional Penurun Kolesterol
Suplemen Penurun Kolesterol Dalam Darah
Suplemen Penurun Kolesterol Tinggi
Green World Blueberry Concentrate