WOW! How time flies. I first need apologize for being MIA the past two weeks. I was doing so well with my 'once a week' posts! But now I should be back on track!
First things first!!! Remember when I had the amazing Elizabeth Seckman over for a fun little interview and giveaway? Yes, this is the one where we revealed our super secret double date with Thor and Gerard... (Sorry Tammy, he's mine!!!) Well, Elizabeth was giving away a signed copy of one of her books (winners choice), and we finally have a winner!!!
Congratulations Leslie Rodriguez!!!I passed on your book choice to Elizabeth and the book is in the mail! ENJOY!
Now, I have to share some of the awesomeness from the LDS Storymakers Writing Conference last weekend. I'm sure you've seen tons of pictures, but don't miss out on mine! But first... let me give you my top 5 reasons to attend a writers conference.
- Motivation!!! Nothing gets your batteries recharged and your desire to finish that WIP like attending a conference!
- Friendships!!! Not only do you get to see all of your CP's and online buddies that you never get to see, but you also make new friends and build new relationships and networks. We all know that the writing community is the best. This is the perfect opportunity to meet even more of that community!
- Education!!! Obviously, you learn things. And even if it is stuff you already know, sometimes we need a refresher course. You'll either learn something new or remember something you forgot.
- Books & Authors!!! Not just books, but signed books! And how awesome is it to meet authors you love? Or possibly, become friends with an author you love? WHOOT!
- Opportunities!!! There is usually the opportunity to pitch your book to an agent or editor, take primer or boot camp courses, get feedback from the experts, and much, much more!!!
And here are some pictures from my favorite weekend of the year, so far! I love these people! And I'm bummed because I'm missing pictures of a few other fab peeps, but that's okay! Conferences are busy and wonderful!
Did I forget to mention that I was able to meet Orson Scott Card? Yeah! That doesn't happen everyday! AND, I also won a hashtag award where I won a new book, "Dynamic Characters", AND I was able to have dinner at the VIP table with all the agents and editors! It was unbelievably awesome!
So tell me, what is one of your favorite reasons for attending writers conferences?