Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Confessions of a Wonder Woman Wannabe


I have been dying to read this since I heard it was going to come out. I have adored Jenny's other books and I think this one is perfect for any mom.
Blurb:
She may be tough, beautiful, and practically perfect in every way, but saving the world is only easy when you're Wonder Woman. Being a mom, on the other hand? Now, that takes some serious superpowers.
A lasso of truth, bulletproof wristbands, and an invisible airplane. Throw in a golden tiara, great hair, and abs made of steel and you've got a gal theoretically capable of saving the planet (and looking fabulous in the process, too, I might add). But moms aren't looking to save the world. Nope. They'd settle for well-behaved kids, a clean home, an occasional nap or two, and maybe an uninterrupted trip to the bathroom every once in a while. They'd trade in the need for perfection--the desire for acceptance--and willingly cast aside those unrealistic expectations they've placed upon themselves in their roles as mothers.
Confessions of a Wonder Woman Wannabe provides the modern-day mommy with sanity-saving tips, advice, and hilarious real-life accounts that every supermom can most certainly relate to, benefit from, and appreciate. After all, the reader may not have been born with superhuman strength, but with God on her side, Jesus in her heart, and the Holy Spirit in her corner, she's more than equipped to handle the daily battles that rage before her. ''So hold on tight, girls, as we prepare to tackle this role of motherhood together: the good, the bad, (the slightly ugly), and everything in between.''

Jenny is one of those awesome people I consider to be a Wonder Woman and I wanted to have her over for a fun little interview so we could learn more about her.
Let's jump right in, shall we?
1.     What inspired you to write this book? 
Gosh. I have learned so much in the past ten years of motherhood--and most of it’s been the hard way!  So, I wanted to present my sisters in the trenches with a companion of sorts. A book inclusive of (a ton of) tips to assist them in their daily efforts, take some of that yucky pressure off, and remind them to just enjoy the ride (even in the midst of a meltdown, tantrum, or other chaotic catastrophe).
 I think I need this reminder on a daily basis.

2.     What are three bits of advice you think every mom should know? 
Expect the unexpected, kick your desires for perfection to the curb, and when all else fails; breath, pray, relax and repeat.
You're telling me exactly what I need to hear right now! Wonderful! I love this advice.

3.     What is your favorite thing about being a mother? 
Experiencing each new stage, phase, and milestone with my kids. Watching them grow is the greatest blessing.
Love it. I keep telling me son to quit growing so fast. He just rolls his eyes at me, of course.

4.     What is your favorite thing about being a writer? Knowing that the words I’ve shared have helped another in some way, shape or form.
Well, I want you to know they've helped me. I love your other two books, and my kids love to have me read them to them too.

5.     Share three random facts about you, we don’t know about. 
I was born on a major holiday (complete with party, parade, etc.), I am a connoisseur of all things food-like (I love to eat), and I dig all things 80’s (movies, music, you name it!).
Ah! The 80's definitely had the best music and I love most of those shows too! Great fun facts about you.

Thank you Jenny! It's so much fun to learn more about you. You're so inspiring and I think a lot of that is because you're so real and down to earth. 

 About the Author:


Jenny Lee Sulpizio is a wife and mother of three who enjoys writing about anything and everything under the sun, but especially loves to instruct, motivate, and guide other moms with practical advice, tips, and a whole lot of comic relief in the process. Jenny is a contributing writer for The MOB Society and Moms Together, and is the author of the recently released guide for all mamas titled, “Confessions of a Wonder Woman Wannabe: On a Mission to Save Sanity, One Mom at a Time.” To find out more about Jenny or to follow her blog, visit www.jennyleesulpizio.com.

 

18 comments:

Natalie Aguirre said...

Great interview. Jenny's book sounds fantastic and you can hear her voice in the blurb.

Cortney Pearson said...

This sounds like such a cute book! Great interview too!

Rachel Schieffelbein said...

This sounds great! Fun interview, too. :)

David P. King said...

That sounds downright hilarious! Thanks for having Jenny on your blog today, Leigh! :)

ilima said...

Very cool! Sounds fun.

Donna K. Weaver said...

Fun interview. Love the premise.

Sheena-kay Graham said...

No kids but this is a great and informative post. Had fun reading it and love this cover.

Jenny Sulpizio said...

Thanks for having me, Leigh. LOVE being here and getting to meet your fantastic crowd too. Hugs!

Jenny Sulpizio said...

Thanks for having me, Leigh. LOVE being here and getting to meet your fantastic crowd too. Hugs!

Shallee said...

Love this! And it's definitely a book I need to read.

S.P. Bowers said...

Expect the unexpected

That is what it's about.

aman kesherwani said...

Nice Site I Am Impresed

World Largest Mp3 Collection......Sites

songspk

Boss songspk

songspk

Boss songspk

mp3 download

Fresher Requirtment


Nicole said...

Fun interview, and it looks like a great (and hilarious) book!

Peaches Ledwidge said...

I love the cover too. It says so much and sums up the blurb (kinda). Congrats and all the best with your book, Jenny.

Patricia T. said...

Out to buy this for our granddaughter -- she can use tips like this for our great granddaughter. THanks for sharing. Great review.

Elizabeth Seckman said...

Best of luck Jenny! I could use some advice on how to find that balance!

Hi Leigh!!!

Suzi said...

I could use some sanity saving tips. :) This sounds like a fun book. Will have to check it out.

Adeeva Afsheen said...


Banned complain !! Complaining only causes life and mind become more severe. Enjoy the rhythm of the problems faced. No matter ga life, not a problem not learn, so enjoy it :)

Obat Pelangsing Tanpa Ketergantungan
Suplemen Penurun Berat Badan Tanpa Efek Samping
Obat Herbal Penurun Kolesterol
Obat Alami Sesak Nafas
Penyebab Kemandulan dan Cara Mengatasinya
Obat Pelancar Peredaran Darah
Cara Mengobati Impoten
Cream Jerawat Herbal Alami
Obat Herbal Paling Ampuh Untuk Atasi Kemandulan