Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Effortless With You ~ By Lizzy Charles

A huge congratulations to Lizzy Charles on the release of her book, Effortless with You! I've heard great things about this book, and I just got my copy yesterday. I can't wait to read it! I've Lizzy over here for a quick interview. She's absolutely adorable, and has been so much fun to get to know. I know you guys will love her as much as I do!
1. In 30 words or less, tell us a little about yourself.
Midwestern gal with a fierce love of family, a desire to dream, an addiction to great eats, and a bubbly personality who’s easily seduced by the pages of a novel. (30 words! Bam!)

2. What inspired you to be a writer?
Since understanding the concept of a book, I’ve been trying to write. But I never had the courage to pursue it until after the birth of my first daughter.

3. What have you learned through the process of being a author?
I’ve learned that you can never stop learning and honing your craft. That you to celebrate every small step! That you need support, from family, friends, and critique partners (who you’ll discover become your family/friends.)

4. What is your favorite thought or quote?
Oh, I have so many favorites. Normally, I’d quote Albus Dumbledore. But recently I reviewed a letter my seventh grade teacher sent me as encouragement when I was a high-school student. He quoted Anne Frank, of whom he knew I adored.
“Everyone has inside of him a piece of good news. The good news is that you don’t know how great you can be!
How much you can love! What you can accomplish! And what your potential is!” ~Anne Frank
I love her pure enthusiasm and sincere belief, despite her circumstances. This quote seems to be my motto lately.

5. And most importantly... if you could be from any planet (besides earth, of course) which one who you be from?
I’d want to be from Neptune. I’m always entranced by the moon, and Neptune has 14 of them! Also, it’s mostly made of hydrogen and helium, so everyone from that planet would have super crazy high voices. I have a tendency to get a bit squeaky when I get excited. So yeah, Neptune would fit my origin story very nicely! 
 

I love it Lizzy! Thank you for sharing with us today! And now, a little More About the Author!

When Lizzy Charles isn’t scrambling to raise her two spunky toddlers or caring for premature and sick babies as a neonatal intensive care nurse, she’s in a quiet corner writing or snuggled up with a novel and a few squares of dark chocolate. Black tea keeps her constant and she loves guacamole. She married her high school sweet heart, a heart-melting musician, so it’s no surprise she’s fallen in love with writing contemporary YA romance novels.  

 Book Blurb:
School is out and Lucy is ready for the perfect summer: lazy days at the pool, invitations to the most exclusive parties, and romantic dates with her hot new boyfriend. That is, until she lands in trouble one too many times and her parents issue the ultimate punishment: a summer job. Suddenly, the summer can't end fast enough.
To make matters worse, the job is painting houses with Justin, the most popular, egotistical guy in school. Spending all summer with Justin might be other girls' dreams, but definitely not Lucy's. After all, Justin is cocky, annoying, and a jerk. So what if he's the most beautiful jerk Lucy's ever seen? Or that his grin makes her forget she’s mad at the world? Or that maybe, just maybe, there's more to Justin than Lucy realizes. Only one thing is certain: it won’t be the summer she wanted, but it might be exactly the one she needs.
Find Lizzy & Effortless With You
 Throw Lizzy a shout out and be sure to get your hands on her novel! Thanks for sharing with us today Lizzy!

18 comments:

Natalie Aguirre said...

Congrats to Lizzie! And love the Anne Frank quote.

Lizzy said...

Thank you Leigh, for having me!!! You're awesome!

J. A. Bennett said...

Neptune? Awesome choice! Great to get to know Lizzy better. I can't wait to start reading her book!

S.P. Bowers said...

Congrats to Lizzy!

If I was from a different planet I would definitely choose a planted with a breathable atmosphere. And chocolate. They would have had to discover chocolate.

ilima said...

Great interview. Adding this one to my TBR pile for sure.

Ifeoma Dennis said...

Great interview. I'm going to buy Effortless With You soon!

Sheena-kay Graham said...

There's the saying that women come from Venus so... Anyway hi Lizzy, your book has a nice story and amazing cover. It's great that Leigh allowed you meet us and best of luck. That Anne Frank quote was very uplifting.

Gwen Gardner said...

How nice that you had a teacher who quoted Anne Frank to you! None of my teachers ever did anything like that. Oh. Wait. Was it just me? LOL!

Samantha May said...

I love this cover!! I've read The Diary of Anne Frank like four times and I'm always in such awe. That's a great quote :)

Being from Neptune would be super cool too!

Damyanti said...

That's a memorable quote. And what a gorgeous cover!

Mark Koopmans said...

Yes, *love* that Anne Frank quote...

Congrats and much success to Lizzie :)

PS: Look at you rock with your awesome new header, Miz Leiby :)

Suzi said...

Oh boy, the Neptune thing. That's just ingenious. Let me know when you go, I'll go too. :)

Melanie Fowler said...

What an awesome cover!

Jennifer Ruth Jackson said...

I love the cover's coloring.
And I agree, celebrate every step or it will be too frustrating or sad. As writers, we often only see a finished novel or other huge project as something "party-worthy" but each bit gets you closer.

Carrie Butler said...

Congratulations to Lizzy! :D

Tara Tyler said...

sweet answers from a sweetheart so it has to be a sweet story! great interview, ladies!
have a wonderful weekend!

Patricia T. said...

Congratulations Lizzie. Great interview. Leigh you always ask such interesting questions. And, I love Lizzie's responses. Also like the discription of Lizzie's new book. Sounds like romance in the air.

Adeeva Afsheen said...


Banned complain !! Complaining only causes life and mind become more severe. Enjoy the rhythm of the problems faced. No matter ga life, not a problem not learn, so enjoy it :)

Obat Pelangsing Tanpa Ketergantungan
Suplemen Penurun Berat Badan Tanpa Efek Samping
Obat Herbal Penurun Kolesterol
Obat Alami Sesak Nafas
Penyebab Kemandulan dan Cara Mengatasinya
Obat Pelancar Peredaran Darah
Cara Mengobati Impoten
Cream Jerawat Herbal Alami
Obat Herbal Paling Ampuh Untuk Atasi Kemandulan