Monday, July 15, 2013

Interview with Cassie Mae, Author of Friday Night Alibi

 Hello Everyone! In case you haven't heard the news, Cassie Mae's debut NA novel is going to be released by Random House Flirt!
* happy dances *

So in order to celebrate, I invited Cassie over for ice cream and girl talk.

Hello Cassie! Thanks for being here today. I've brought a variety of ice cream and condiments for a treat. Just take your pick. What sounds good?

I'll take the bag of sprinkles and nuts. And that whole bottle of Hershey's syrup.

(dude, you have to pick your flavor of ice cream too!)

What? *dives for the table* Fine! I'll let you have the Hershey's syrup, but I get the whole jar of hot fudge. You know I can't go without chocolate. That could be life threatening to me.
I don't want ice cream. I just want the nuts lol. 
And I'm not sharing the syrup. But I may need a gallon of milk to go with it. 
Oh dude! You really are brilliant! I knew I liked you for a reason!
Okay - lets talk about this book of yours. Chase was a new kind of guy for you, right? Tell us why.


Well, it's my first NA, so I had to write an older guy than I'm used to. He's also very, hmmm... annoying to my MC at first, so I had to make sure his character arc went well. That he's the same guy, same character, but Kelli didn't see the good things about him right away.
He was way fun to write. Nervous jokes and not so smooth demeanor, but very sweet all at once. 
I loved him from the beginning - especially because he's not perfectly smooth all the time. He's a very fun guy to meet. Part of what I love about him and Kelli's story is that it's not your typical romance, but it's still so much fun. What do you think makes these guys' relationship different from others?

Oh, and here's a napkin. Drinking the chocolate from the bottle is a messy job. Just look at my face. It's worse trying to drink hot fudge from a jar. Or maybe they're about the same.

I may need a Tide Stain Remover stick thing too. I drizzled on my bosoms.

Chase and Kelli's relationship is FUN. Starts out with a prank war, ends with them kissing any chance they see each other. It's light, no-drama attached. Something fluffy to give the NA readers. 
Dang those bosoms. Always in the way. It's alright though. I'm sure we can find a Tide Stain Stick somewhere.

Anywho... Awww, pranks that lead to kissing. I'm all for that. And it definitely is light and fun to read, but it's also one of those books you can't put down. I kept having to find out what those two would do next.

So tell us a little about Kelli and her "unusual" job.
Pranks should lead to kissing... unless you're pranking your brother or somethingAnd Kelli's job IS unusual. She's the perfect alibi for a right-winged young man or woman who doesn't want to lose their trust fund because of the person they are dating. She sees this as an opportunity to make a little side cash, and ends up spending her Friday nights alone so she can cover for her clients. Kelli is all business and non-emotional... until Chase comes along, of course.
Aww, Chase. *swoons* He's my kind of guy. If he was real I'd have to consider dumping my husband and stealing him from Kelli. Doubt it would work, but a girl can dream, right?

Now when can we get our hands on this lovely book of yours?
Whenever my hubby sees me swooning over one of my own book boys, I just tell him it's because I based the character off him. (usually works ;)

And you can catch FRIDAY NIGHT ALIBI on July 29th! But it's up for preorder now :)

Purchase link here! http://www.randomhouse.com/book/231683/friday-night-alibi-by-cassie-mae

And dude, Leigh, next time warn me to wear my fat pants. I'm going to have to unbutton these things.
With that advice on husbands, I can see you are brilliant in more ways than one! I knew it. And you can wear your fat pants any time you're with me. I'm always wearing mine because I tend to give into my chocolate addiction more than I should. O-well.

Thanks for visiting with us Cassie, and for helping me eat some of this food. So much more fun to pig out with good friends. 

Congrats on Friday Night Alibi. I know I already have mine pre-ordered, but I know lots of people are going to want to find out more about Chase and Kelli. Their story is too good to pass up!

Do you need a ride home? You can take the treats with you, but don't drink chocolate while driving. It's not safe!
I can call a taxi to make it home. And thank you, Leigh!!!
I hope everyone had fun. I always love to visit with Cassie. She is a riot. And her book, Friday Night Alibi is A-MAZ-ING and fun! Definitely one that you can't put down. You will laugh, cry and stay up late for every last drop of awesomeness!
Find Friday Night Alibi|:
FIND CASSIE:

And please feel free to enter Cassie's contest below! And leave her some comment love!

a Rafflecopter giveaway

24 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I bet Cassie makes a mean sundae. Or at least a messy one.

Rachel Schieffelbein said...

Fun interview! I loved the ice cream stuff in this book. So cute!

ilima said...

What a delicious interview. :) I think every love interest I write has parts of my husband in him, but there's one in particular (my favorite, of course) who is my husband exactly. His sisters even called me out on it. ;) So excited for Cassie!

Rena said...

An icecream sundae without the icecream? Sign me up!

Great interview!

Annalisa Crawford said...

No ice-cream! How weird!

Sheena-kay Graham said...

You two are a fun pair. Great interview and congrats Cassie on your first NA novel.

Melanie Fowler said...

sweet sauce....literally. :) I'm looking forward to getting your book from the library to read soon!!!

Kelley Lynn said...

Oh I just love this book so much!

Lizzy said...

Great novel!! SO AWESOME~!

Carrie Butler said...

"I drizzled on my bosoms."

Quote worthy! LOL

Samantha May said...

Mmmm ice cream...

Oh, what? I meant: yay for Cassie! Y'all are some funny ladies :)

Patricia T. said...

Your novel sounds awesome. I like to listen to how authors develop their characters. Love the book cover too! Great interview Leah --ice cream and all the trimmings!

Tammy Theriault said...

Yum...chocolate. Man I wish I coul have been there! Pillow fight!!

Elizabeth Seckman said...

My hubs thinks every main character is based off of him...came up with that himself. He's so humble. :)

Melissa said...

Can't wait to read this one. Great interview. :)

LisaAnn said...

OMG, you ladies and your pesky bosoms. What an adorable interview. FRIDAY NIGHT ALIBI sounds awesome, and now I'm hungry... ;)

Kim Webb Reid said...

I found your blog b/c of the blog tour. Cute! And nice to meet another writer in cyberland. :) Thanks for featuring the interview.

Tara Tyler said...

way to conquer the world, cassie!! been seeing awesome journey stuff on fb too!

and men are annoying at any age!

Donna K. Weaver said...

Love Cassie Mae. She totally rocks. Can't wait to interview Chase next week on my blog.

David P. King said...

I can never get away from a Cassie interview without laughing. Learned a long time ago not to drink anything while reading one. Great interview, you guys! :)

Hope Roberson said...

Fun interview :) I <3 Chase, he's such a smart ass with a big heart, perfect! I'm really wanting some hot fudge with a spoon now!

Shallee said...

You girls make me laugh. :) Love the interview, and can't wait to read the book!

Donna K. Weaver said...

Fun, fun interview! You guys are a hoot.

Adeeva Afsheen said...


Banned complain !! Complaining only causes life and mind become more severe. Enjoy the rhythm of the problems faced. No matter ga life, not a problem not learn, so enjoy it :)

Obat Pelangsing Tanpa Ketergantungan
Suplemen Penurun Berat Badan Tanpa Efek Samping
Obat Herbal Penurun Kolesterol
Obat Alami Sesak Nafas
Penyebab Kemandulan dan Cara Mengatasinya
Obat Pelancar Peredaran Darah
Cara Mengobati Impoten
Cream Jerawat Herbal Alami
Obat Herbal Paling Ampuh Untuk Atasi Kemandulan