Thursday, April 4, 2013

Fraction of Stone!

I hope you're seeing this all over the blogosphere, because this is one book you do not want to miss. I was fortunate to be able to hook up with Kelley as a critique partner when she was working on this book. It is an amazing story! And I loved working with Kelley every bit as much as I loved reading the book. She taught me so much about writing and helped me be a better critique partner too. I just love this girl, and I'm excited to help spread the news about her debut novel, Fraction of Stone.

Blurb:
Wind tunnels, torrential rains and earthquakes tear apart Casden. The cause of the world’s imbalance is unknown, but the mounting occurrences suggest there’s little time before life ceases to exist.


Rydan Gale and Akara Nazreth are the only humans with the ability to wield magic. The tattoo on their necks and the discovery of an ancient book, dictate they are the key to the world’s survival.


But the greatest obstacle for saving mankind isn’t the bizarre creatures, extreme betrayals and magic-fearing men hunting them.

It’s that Akara doesn’t believe the world is worth saving. 

About the Author:

Eventually the day came when the voices in Kelley Lynn’s head were more insistent then her engineering professor’s. So instead of turning to her Thermodynamics book, Kelley brought up a blank page on her computer screen and wrote. Somewhere along the way she became a Young Adult author.


Kelley was born and raised a Midwestern girl. She’s not afraid to sweat and fills her free time with softball, soccer and volleyball. (Though you probably don’t want her on your volleyball team.) She occasionally makes guest appearances as a female vocalist for area bands.


You can find Kelley hanging out at her blog, titled in her name, as well as the group blog she shares with her fellow critique partners, Falling for Fiction. Kelley is a member of the Society of Children’s Books Writers and Illustrators.


Kelley Lynn's Links: Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Goodreads


Congratulations Kelley! I already have my copy and can't wait to have you sign it because that means I will have finally met you in person!

13 comments:

Kelley Lynn said...

Awww, thanks Leigh! I'm so lucky to have met YOU!

And yes, me signing that book means we get to meet! I can't wait!!! :)

Rena said...

Wait, so when is there going to be a book signing? I can't wait!

ilima said...

I'm gonna have her sign my copy too. Yay!

Morgan said...

Go Kelley!!!!!

:D

Elizabeth Seckman said...

Yay for Kelley!!! As soon as I finish Cragbridge Hall, Fraction of the Sotne is next.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Congratulations, Kelley!

Donna K. Weaver said...

I've got it on my to-read list already. Congrats to Kelley.

Sheena-kay Graham said...

Congrats Kelley, yes this book is showing up everywhere.

Coleen Patrick said...

Thanks for sharing, Leigh! Kelley's book is new to me. What a great cover and premise!

Patricia T. said...

Thank you for introducing me to Kelley. Sounds like a gripping novel where important decisions will be made. Love the cover.

Rebecca Green Gasper said...

Will have to check this out. Thanks for sharing. And what a great cover. :) Hope things are good!

clarbojahn said...

Love the trailer and the book blurb sounds like a great book, and I don't usually like dystopian books. Thanks for sharing this book with us Leigh! :)

Adeeva Afsheen said...

Banned complain !! Complaining only causes life and mind become more severe. Enjoy the rhythm of the problems faced. No matter ga life, not a problem not learn, so enjoy it :)

Obat Penyakit Liver Ampuh
Obat Herbal Sakit Payudara Bengkak
Obat Kejang Perut
Obat Asma Tradisional
Obat Darah Rendah Alami
Obat Pelangsing Perut
Obat Penyakit Gula Darah Tinggi
Obat Herbal Kanker Otak Terbaik
Obat Herbal Kadar Gula Darah Rendah
Pengobatan Penyakit Radang Usus Buntu