Friday, March 15, 2013

Get Your Oirish On!

I might be late, but the day isn't over yet! This is my post for the fabulous Mark Koopman's Got Green Blogfest 2.0'. Yep, he's my main Oirish man! 

I couldn't post it earlier because I didn't have my pictures yet! And since we actually had some sort of St. Patty's day festivities going on this year, I wanted to make sure that I shared. 

First off - be sure to thank my daughters first grade class for setting out to catch some leprechauns. It was our first leprechaun trap - EVER, which may be bordering on sinful. However, we put our best foot forward, my daughter designed an awesome trap, while I handled the hot glue gun, and we caught ourselves a leprechaun! Too bad he escaped. What a sneaky little bugger.

He did leave some of his cute green footprints behind all over their classroom and the traps though. I imagine there had to be several leprechauns prancing about with all those traps to bait them.

 And what is St. Patty's Day without a delicious treat? It just wouldn't be fun at all! I found this cute idea on Pinterest (go figure) and just had to make it. The kids won't get their until the "actually" 17th, but I made some for my co-workers and brought them to work with me. Uber fun and everyone loved them. 

Such a fun holiday! Hope you're all in the "Got Green" Spirit!

Happy St. Patricks Day!
(I'll be around to visit blogs on Sunday! Sorry I'm slow!)


25 comments:

ilima said...

I LOVE those rainbow bags. How cute!!!

Sheena-kay Graham said...

So cute, the kids trying to catch a leprechaun. And nice of you teat your co-works. Happy St. Paddy's Leigh.

Heather M. Gardner said...

My son had to make a trap 2 years ago. His class had such fun with it!
I love those treats too. Gold at the end of the Skittles rainbow.
Thanks for sharing.
Heather

Suzi said...

A leprechaun visited my kindergartner's school. She came home so excited and has been telling everybody about the glitter and footsteps left behind. It's fun to see their excitement.

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Leigh .. what a fun time catching Leprechauns - love they left little green feet around.

Your kids always have so much going on .. it's fun to hear about them .. Enjoy your green beer tomorrow!

Cheers and yes I'll have a party bag please .... Hilary

~Sia McKye~ said...

Oh how cute. Love that gold arrow and green light. Bet they had fun putting it together. Love the treats you put together too, very pretty.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

The treat bags are clever!!

Patricia T. said...

The kids must have had a ball trying to catch a leprechauns! First time I've heard that. And, the rainbow treats are delightful! Your kids will be surprised!

Donna K. Weaver said...

I love the pictures!

Elizabeth Seckman said...

You have to be the funnest mom! My idea of clever crafting is Sharpie scribbles on construction paper.

(and I'm over the envy...Tara Tyler prettied my blog up!)

Livia Peterson said...

Love the pictures!

planningwithprintedportal said...

pictures look great. happy St Paddy's Day :)

Jennifer Ruth Jackson said...

I never tried to catch anything mystical before. Perhaps I should get out my dragon bait! Do you think it likes peanuts? Oh wait, that's an elephant. Oh well, I don't have 80 pounds of peanuts to put in the trap, anyway.

David P. King said...

That looks positively delicious. If I didn't have a cold, I'd grab a few of those and have a sugar induced rush. :)

Jessie Humphries said...

Yesterday was a total blast! So much green. So many treats! I love it.

Nicole said...

Lovely pics! :)

Kathryn Purdie said...

You're so crafty. I have the lame mom award for telling my kids leprechauns only visit schools, not home. Haha. All these holidays are killing me!

Talli Roland said...

A leprechaun trap is a great idea! Hope you had a lovely St Paddy's Day.

Emily R. King said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Emily R. King said...

Cute rainbows, Leigh. I hope you're doing well!

Carrie-Anne said...

St. Patrick's Day isn't a happy holiday for me, since my uncle died on that date in 1988, but it's nice to see how other people mark the holiday. Those goody bags look like fun.

Angela Cothran said...

I made Key Lime Pie (from scratch :) on St. Patty's day. I'm pretty sure it isn't Irish, but it is green.

Tammy Theriault said...

Fun! I did one of those traps for my son, too, from his school! It was so fun!

Julia King said...

I sooooo love St. Patrick's Day--my fav holiday, btw. Can't wait for next year's SPD. I should def go to Boston to celebrate. :)

Adeeva Afsheen said...


Banned complain !! Complaining only causes life and mind become more severe. Enjoy the rhythm of the problems faced. No matter ga life, not a problem not learn, so enjoy it :)

Obat Penyakit Liver Ampuh
Obat Herbal Sakit Payudara Bengkak
Obat Kejang Perut
Obat Asma Tradisional
Obat Darah Rendah Alami
Obat Pelangsing Perut
Obat Penyakit Gula Darah Tinggi
Obat Herbal Kanker Otak Terbaik
Obat Herbal Kadar Gula Darah Rendah
Pengobatan Penyakit Radang Usus Buntu