Friday, January 25, 2013

OUTPOST Review

Who's read OUTPOST?

After reading book one, ENCLAVE, I was dying for this to come out. DYING, I tell you!

It took me about a week to read it - and here are my thoughts.

1. GOOD, but not as good as ENCLAVE. I'm going with 3 1/2 stars. 

2. I was slightly disappointed in the ending. It left things too open for me where I wanted some closure. I won't say much more because I don't want to put in any spoilers.

3. I LOVED the character development. That is definitely my favorite part of this book. There was still action, and definitely some spooky and creepy parts, but watching Deuce try to adjust to a different way of life and grow and learn as a person was great and sometimes humorous. 

4. There were places that I thought the writing could have been tightened, but I also found that I could really enjoy her writing style.

*** All in all, I would say it's worth reading. Especially if you've read ENCLAVE and liked it. I know that I'm looking forward to Book #3

Have a great weekend everyone! Read anything good lately?

17 comments:

Melissa said...

Nice review. That cover is intriguing!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Sorry, I haven't read the first book yet!

ilima said...

I think I need to add Enclave to my list. Great review.

Morgan said...

Haven't even heard of this! Great review, Leigh!

Sheena-kay Graham said...

I've been wanting to read Enclave for a while. Glad you still liked the sequel Outpost. You did a really good review.

S.P. Bowers said...

I haven't read the first book. There are so many books out there. Thanks for the review though, I'll have to look into these.

Jennifer Ruth Jackson said...

My library is still off-limits until I have a photo ID. So no, nothing excellent. Though, to be honest, I'm getting into short stories from online literary journals now.

Donna K. Weaver said...

I'm just about halfway through the final book in the Wheel of Time series, A Memory of Light. No pressure here for Brandon Sanderson who was asked to complete the 20 years in the making series after Robert Jordan died. Amazing so far.

David P. King said...

I totally forgot to add Enclave to my tbr list. Thanks for the reminder! :)

Patricia T. said...

I'm not familiar with this author or series. You didn't give a synopsis, but it sounds dystopian and interesting.

Have read a lot of Avi, all of Lois Lowry's four books, and Regine's Book. And, I'm reading Sandra Brown's Low Pressure -- great so far. Have to sneak in some adult books. And, I read a new memoir Danielle Steele wrote about her helping the homeless on the streets and in the alleys of San Francisco for 11 yrs (no one knew)-- part of her healing after her son committed suicide.

Kelley Lynn said...

Hmmm, haven't read Enclave, though since the second one is only okay i'm not sure I will. Too many other books out there!

Suzi said...

Haven't heard of either. Creepy cover though. Right now I'm reading Tap Out by Eric Devine. I like it, but the swearing is getting to me. Swearing doesn't bother me in general, but when it's several words per page, it gets old.

Nicole said...

Haven't read 'em yet. But you definitely make it sound enticing.

Jolene Perry said...

Way cool cover :-D

I just finished Graffiti Moon and it was awesome.

Shallee said...

Enclave is still on my list! I enjoyed Origin by Jessica Khoury recently, and Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo.

Emily R. King said...

I didn't get past the first three chapters of Enclave. Freaked the heck out of me. Yeah, I'm a weenie.

Adeeva Afsheen said...

Banned complain !! Complaining only causes life and mind become more severe. Enjoy the rhythm of the problems faced. No matter ga life, not a problem not learn, so enjoy it :)

Obat Pencegah Paru-Paru Basah
Obat Penyumbatan Pembuluh Darah
Obat Herbal Katup Jantung Bermasalah
Obat Untuk Penyakit Kanker Lidah
Obat Gangguan Fungsi Hati
Obat Asma Tradisional
Obat Pelangsing Perut
Teh Herbal Untuk Pengobatan
Obat Alami Radang Paru-Paru
Obat Untuk Meningkatkan Stamina