Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Falling for the Funny Fat Friend...

I have been waiting for this day for WAY TOO LONG! Let me tell you why... 
This is one of my favorite books! EVER!!!
And when I found out that Becca hadn't sent it in for submission, I was dying! Constantly hounding her to DO IT!

So you can imagine my excitement when she decided to self pub, and told me it would finally be available for my greedy little hands to hold! *insert evil laugh*

So here is my tribute to Becca Ann's debut novel, Reasons I Fell for the Funny Fat Friend.

Check out the blurb:
It’s stupid to fall for your brother’s ex. It’s even worse to enlist another’s help to win the ex over. But Brody is desperate and Hayley, his partner in American Sign Language, is more than willing to lend him a few tips.

She’s the school’s matchmaker,’ and with her bizarre and positive personality, Brody finds her easy to talk to, even about the most awkward situations. Hayley’s tips seem to be working, but as Brody learns more about his matchmaker, he starts finding reasons to spend time with her, and not the girl he thought he was in love with.

But Hayley isn’t ready to fall for anyone. Labeled the “Funny Fat Friend” within her group, her self image makes it impossible for Brody to share his feelings without Hayley shrugging it off as a joke.

Convincing her Brody can, and did, fall for the “Funny Fat Friend” turns out to be harder than simply falling in love.

Ah! You're swooning over it already, aren't you? I thought so!
This is such a fun, sincere, hilarious book! You will love it!

Now, I've asked Becca Ann to pop over for a short interview! Thanks for joining me Becca - I hope the yellow polka dots don't weird you out, because I have a few questions. Like how did you come up with the idea for this book? Cause I LOVE it! 

Thanks, Leigh! The idea for the book actually came from me flapping my arm fat in the mirror. Go figure, lol.

LOL! OH my gosh! You crack me up! Flapping arm fat is so underrated! It's a shame.
Now this book is a YA Romantic Comedy, right? Have you always wrote that genre? What made you decide to go this route?

I think other people classify it as a Romantic Comedy, but I didn't really intend to be funny. I think it just spewed out there, so I went with it. And no, I haven't always written in this genre. It took me four tries to get to contemporary, and I haven't left the genre since. It's way too much fun to write because I can BE ME.


Well, it definitely works, so there's something to be said for "being yourself!" And the humor definitely works. I'm glad it spewed out there!

So... tell us three favorites:
  Color:
  Movie:
  Your Choice - surprise us!:




Oh, favorites game! Okay, Color: Yellow. Movie: Harry Potter (but don't you dare make me choose which one because that will take days of analyzing, lol) And um, my choice, hmmm... How about my favorite fictional male character, which would be, oh crap, that's too tough. Um, I'll just go with my latest obsession, lol. And that would be the super adorable Robbie from Geek Magnet.




Awww! Awesome answers! And yellow totally suites you AND means my polka dots aren't weirding you out! Double bonus. You're going to have to tell me more about this "Robbie" from Geek Magnet, but we'll save that for later.

One last question...
What advice do you give to aspiring authors on the road to publication?
And... would you share a favorite quote from "Reasons" for us?

My advice is to take it as it comes and hang on! This road to publication has thrown me curve balls left and right. I never thought I'd self publish anything, but you know what? It's been like, the best thing! To realize I'm braver than I thought I was, and even though it scared the bageebies out of me, I did it anyway. So I say, take the opportunities in front of you. Know when to say yes to something and when to say no. Do what YOU want because it's YOUR book. :)

And let's see. One of my fave quotes... Only because I had to explain what a 'shart' was to some of the people who read it. Makes me giggle.


“Uh, y-you’re welcome.” You sound like a moron, Brody. Say something else to make you sound less like a moron. “Maybe next time we talk you’ll be rhyming words with ‘fart’.


Nice one, dude. Very smooth.

“Start, mart, cart…” She laughs. “Bart, heart, dart, part, tart…” She laughs again, really loud. “And don’t forget shart!”


Thanks, Leigh for having me over! Hopefully I didn't scare anyone away.
I'm quite certain that everyone stayed! There's no way they could possibly miss all this epic awesomeness!

If you'd like to find Becca and her Amazing Book here are the links:
FACEBOOK
GOODREADS
AMAZON -  PAPERBACK & EBOOK
CREATESPACE - PAPERBACK
NOOK

Becca is also doing a GIVEAWAY! Enter to win! She's announcing the winners on her FB page, on the 14th!
  
 
a Rafflecopter giveaway

34 comments:

Kyra Lennon said...

I love this book SO MUCH! I will be treating myself with a paperback version soon! :D

Suzi said...

Ditto on what Kyra said. And thanks Leigh for pushing Becca Ann to get this out there! :)

Stina Lindenblatt said...

Love the concept, but every time I read the title, I read it as Furry Fat Friend. I kept waiting for a mention of the cat. lol Apparently I need caffeine.

J. A. Bennett said...

So fun! I love your polka dots too Leigh! Both of you are awesome! *hugs*

David P. King said...

I have a feeling this is going to do well. Seriously ... such awesome material keeps slipping through The Powers That Be's fingers, but this clearly looks like a winner. Congrats, Becca! :)

Elizabeth Seckman said...

I love polka dots Leigh! And yellow is such a happy color. Who could fear that?

Becca, you crazy girl...you're flapping that arm fat now...just wait till it wiggles on its own! And I see the self-published as entrepeneurs (yes my spelling stinks, but whatever) and that's like the beginning of most every American dream!

Elizabeth Seckman said...

And Stina~ "I Fell for the Furry Fat Friend" is the post forty adult only sequel.

ilima said...

I just bought this and can't wait until it shows up on my doorstep. Yay!

Donna K. Weaver said...

All right. Adding it to my to-read list.

Sheena-kay Graham said...

This was a funny relaxing interview. Does that make sense? Definitely feeling Reasons I fell for the funny fat friend. Ideas do come from strange places. I YA novel idea I have on hold came from a 'Snapple Fact.' The fact: Bullfrogs don't sleep. Even I still wonder how on earth I made a the basis of a trilogy from that.

Aly C. said...

Love the blurb! Sounds interesting!

Jenny S. Morris said...

My copy was shipped last night. ;) But I already know Brody and Hayley. Brody's stopping by my blog on Friday. Be jealous, Leigh. LOVE this snippet. It's so them. They are the cutest couple. And I'm so glad Becca Ann is a brave girl.

Laurel Hawkes said...

This sounds like so much fun!

Kelley Lynn said...

Can't wait to get my copy!!!

Jessie Humphries said...

I love your yellow polka dots Leigh! And I love your enthusiasm for Becca. What a wonderful little support group we have here. Go Funny Fat Friend!!!

S.P. Bowers said...

It sounds like a really interesting book. I just downloaded it on kindle, but it's going to have to wait until the library books go back.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I don't see how Becca could write and NOT be funny!

Charlie Holmberg said...

I love the premise of this book! Though I wonder why the gal on the covert isn't more .. Er... Overweight?

Emily R. King said...

Love the interview.

Fun polka dots, Leigh!

Nicole said...

Fun answers and congrats all around!

Trisha said...

This book sounds amazing! Congratulations to Becca Ann!!

Carrie Butler said...

This book has bestseller potential. Definitely. :) Congratulations, Becca Ann!

Peaches Ledwidge said...

Congrats, Becca.

Jennifer Ruth Jackson said...

It sounds like a really cool concept!

Tammy Theriault said...

i'm all for a book with "fat friend" posted high and dry on it! kudos!!!

Lynn(e) Schmidt said...

I've seen this popping up all over Goodreads. I want to read it!

Morgan said...

I seriously bet this book is HILARIOUS from start to finish... I honestly can't wait to read it!!!

michelle said...

Fun interview!
I've noticed this book all over BloggyLand and Goodreads.
It sounds awesome... and hilarious too...

Angela Cothran said...

You two are all about aliases today :) I love both your guts!

Pk Hrezo said...

Been hearing lots about this and it sounds super! Wishing her all the best!

J.L. Campbell said...

Interesting cover. Becca does have a cool sense of humor. Inspired by arm fat? I had to chuckle over that.

Rachel Schieffelbein said...

I just finished this book a couple days ago and I've been telling everyone about it! It's so great! :)
Wonderful interview, ladies!

Melissa said...

Wow. Now I REALLY can't wait to read this. Congrats! :D

Adeeva Afsheen said...


Banned complain !! Complaining only causes life and mind become more severe. Enjoy the rhythm of the problems faced. No matter ga life, not a problem not learn, so enjoy it :)

Obat Pencegah Paru-Paru Basah
Obat Penyumbatan Pembuluh Darah
Obat Herbal Katup Jantung Bermasalah
Obat Untuk Penyakit Kanker Lidah
Obat Gangguan Fungsi Hati
Obat Asma Tradisional
Obat Pelangsing Perut
Teh Herbal Untuk Pengobatan
Obat Alami Radang Paru-Paru
Obat Untuk Meningkatkan Stamina