Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Thankful for...

WOW!

I am thankful for my daughter being sick last night, thus making me take the day off work - THUS, giving me time to hop on the blogosphere, visit friends and find this awesome blog hop!
(Said daughter is absolutely FINE today. I must have needed this!)

Okay, okay... 
I'm getting a little ahead of myself. 
I popped into the blogosphere yesterday and guess what I found? THIS blog hop! Fun right? I loved reading all the posts that people shared, but MOSTLY - I loved seeing you guys! (In your blog form, of course!) You have no idea how much I miss being on here and associating with you all. It totally made my day to see what everyone is up to and what you're thankful for, so I wanted to jump on board the "blog hop" train, put together by the amazing Tara Tyler and Vikki. You ladies are wonderful!

Been gone for awhile
and missing my friends.
Finally found time
to tie up loose ends.

So I jumped right in
to the blogosphere.
And I found a fun blog hop -
I'm sharing it here!

But I also found friends
that remember ME!
Making my day,
I shouted with GLEE!

There's nothing quite as bright
as writerly peeps.
Always caring, always sharing -
I dance and do leaps!

So, this is for you,
Yes, YOU, awesome one!
Without you beside me
this wouldn't be fun!

Oh goodness! You asked for it! Okay, maybe you didn't actually ask for that, but you got it anyway.

You guys are truly amazing though and I am thankful to have such awesome support from the writing community. I'm also thankful for electric blankets, leaves that paint the landscape during fall, whoever discovered the cocoa bean and learned to make it into delicious chocolate delicacies,  and colored pens!

Peace Out!

34 comments:

Kyra Lennon said...

Good to see you! <3

That was a cute poem! I love this bloghop!

Joanna said...

Cute!

Missed having ya around, Leigh!

Cassie Mae said...

I love you girl! I couldn't pass up this bloghop either, too much fun. :) And if I ever need to write a poem for anything ever, I'm coming to you ;)

Cristina said...

I MISS YOUUUUU!!!!!! you poet, you!

VikLit said...

Very nice to have you around and thanks so much for joining in the blog hop! Hugs

Elizabeth Seckman said...

Love you Leigh...and yes we do miss you!!!! Can't you just stop sleeping or something?

Iain said...

Glad you're back :o)

Suzanne Furness said...

Good to hear from you. Loved your poem. Hope your daughter is feely much better too :)

S.P. Bowers said...

So glad to see you back! Say thanks to your daughter, though I'm happy she's feeling better.

Mrs. Seegmiller said...

Welcome back for as long as you are back. Hope that things are going okay and you get some writing in :)

Sharron said...

Thanks for the hop. I put the pic on my blog with a link.

Jenny S. Morris said...

I know you've been busy but I've MISSED you. ;) Glad your daughter is better and you were able to take some time off.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

And we've missed you!!!

Madeline Mora-Summonte said...

Maybe your daughter should get co-author credit for the poem since she enabled you to blog today. :)

Glad to "see" you again!

Livia said...

Cute! I missed ya too! :)

Tara Tyler said...

long lost leigh!
we missed you so much!
your sweet words of kindness
with your special touch!

so glad you came back just in time to join us!

J. A. Bennett said...

We've missed you! I'm thankful you're still around :)

Morgan said...

Ohhhhh... Leigh, you're such a joy! You're a light---you're one of those people everyone wants to be around. You've got this energy that just draws people--a way about you that makes everyone feel like they're your best friend. I ADORE you and have TOTALLY missed your presence here! But family/life first. I hope life slows down and you can visit more! <3 <3 <3

Angela Brown said...

Hey Leigh! Yay for getting a chance to hop in though boo that it came from your daughter being sick. Glad she's better.

Absolutely adorable poem. I now feel rhymingly appreciated.

Writer Pat Newcombe said...

Lovely poem! And nice to say thanks for support! It's a great idea. I shall follow with interest.

Susanna Leonard Hill said...

Sorry your daughter was sick, but it sure is nice to see you :) Great poem!

michelle said...

What a fabulous poem! A fun and stylish tribute to bloggy buddies...

Coleen Patrick said...

Glad your daughter is better and happy to see your post in my inbox! Hope you're enjoying your new job. :) Great poem by the way!

Nicole said...

Nice to see ya on the blog again! That was a fun way to say "thanks." :)

Jennifer Ruth Jackson said...

You should swing by here more often. Most of us don't bite. :)

Patricia T. said...

So happy to hear from you! Love the photo. Cute poem.

Lara Schiffbauer said...

Excellent poem! I'm so impressed! It's nice to "see" you, too. My husband and I kind of fight over who gets to stay home when the kids are sick. He has homework and I have writing to catch up on. I'm glad you're daughter's better. :)

Emily R. King said...

Love it. I've missed you Leigh!

Cortney Pearson said...

Fab poem! And sorry your daughter was sick, but glad you hopped on again! I've been out of the bloggy loop lately too!!!

Oh, and LOVE the new profile pic!! *wolf whistles*

Shallee said...

Glad to see you back! Yay for the awesomeness of friends in the blogosphere. :)

Lynn(e) Schmidt said...

This post made my life happy :) You're a rockstar

Lynn(e) Schmidt said...

This post made my life happy :) You're a rockstar

Brianna said...

I'm a colored pen girl too. :)

Adeeva Afsheen said...

Banned complain !! Complaining only causes life and mind become more severe. Enjoy the rhythm of the problems faced. No matter ga life, not a problem not learn, so enjoy it :)

Obat Melancarkan Peredaran Darah
Cara Merawat Mata Agar Tetap Segar dan Sehat
Cara Mengatasi Gangguan Susah Tidur
Obat Herbal Untuk Nyeri Pinggang
Obat Nyeri Buang Air Kecil Pada Wanita
Obat Pembersih Usus Kotor
Obat Angin Duduk Tradisional
Slimming Capsule Alami
Obat Penyakit TBC Tulang Yang Terbaik
Jual Obat Diet Dengan Cepat Dan Aman