Monday, November 26, 2012

Blindsided... Oh, yeah!

Happy Monday Everyone!
I am so excited to be part of Kyra Lennon's blog tour today!
See, this little beauty?
It's the new book, BLINDSIDED, by Kyra Lennon and it is absolutely SPECTACULAR! I just love how Kyra writes, and she is an absolute romantic! Want to hear the blurb? I thought so!

After a successful first soccer season in L.A, Jesse Shaw heads to London with his best buddy, Hunter, but his world is turned upside down when a dangerous prank threatens his career and his blossoming relationship with Hunter’s cousin, Isabelle.

Isabelle Mills lives in Notting Hill with her parents and her twin sister, Georgia. When she finds out her cousin is coming to stay, along with his famous soccer player friend, her first instinct is to hibernate until they’ve gone. However, once she meets Jesse, everything changes. He’s everything she ever wanted, but with so many obstacles in their path, can she really risk putting her heart on the line?

Brilliant, right!
Well, as part of Kyra's blog tour, I have a fun interview with one of her characters, Izzy, today! I adore Izzy! Check out the questions to see why:

Hello Izzy! I'm so excited to interview you today!
1. I'd love to get to know you a little better. Briefly tell us a little about yourself and your interests.
It’s lovely to meet you, Leigh! Well … I’m eighteen years old, and I live in London with my parents and my twin sister, Georgia. I’m studying photography, among other things, at college but photography is my favourite. Taking photos is one of my main hobbies, besides spending time with my sister and my best friend, Willow.

2. What changed for you after you met Jesse?
*blushes* Everything! I used to be very shy. Well, I’m still shy, but Jesse makes me feel more confident. I don’t feel afraid to tell him whatever’s on my mind because I know he’ll never laugh at me, or make me feel like an idiot.

3. When was the first time you realized you liked him? Did you try to let him know you liked him, or try to play it off?
I realized I liked him as soon as I saw him again. You see, I met him a long time ago, when we were kids, but he looks a lot different now! I didn’t want him to know I liked him at first because I couldn’t imagine why a famous footballer would notice a quiet, plain girl like me. Besides, he lives too far away for us to really be together. 

4. What are three of your favourite things, besides Jesse, of course!
Aww, I really can’t choose Jesse as one of them? :p Okay, as I mentioned above, photography is my absolute favourite thing to do. When it comes to material things, I love, love, LOVE the dress Georgia chose for me for our first night out with Jesse and Hunter. ;) It holds some special memories. My other favourite thing is actually a place. My bedroom. I’m not much of a people person, so it feels really good to hide myself away there and relax at the end of the day. I have these big squishy cushions on my bed to snuggle up to, and to make the place more cozy!

5. What is your favourite holiday, and why?
Easy! Christmas is the best holiday ever! Willow says Halloween is the best, but it isn’t as romantic as Christmas. I think that’s why I like it so much. It feels romantic.

SQUEEE!!!
Are you dying to read it? You ought to be! Make sure this little baby is on your Christmas list. It's the perfect book to curl up with this holiday season - and every other season that comes along afterward!

And a little about the author, Kyra Lennon:
Author Bio:
Kyra Lennon was born on the South coast of England, and to this day, still lives by the sea. After years spent working in retail, where she met enough versatile characters to write hundreds of books, she finally took the plunge and quit her day job. Kyra's debut novel, Game On, was released in July 2012. While fiction writing has always been her passion, she also has numerous articles on a variety of topics published on prolific websites.

Find Kyra online:
Blog
Twitter
Facebook
Goodreads

 
 
 

31 comments:

Suzi said...

She sounds sweet. And I already like Jesse from Game On. Looking forward to Blindsided too now.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Can't choose Jesse as a favorite thing - funny!

Stina Lindenblatt said...

Love the cover and love the premise. I want to read this book!!!! :D

Kyra Lennon said...

Thank you very much for having me, Leigh! You're the best! :D

Julie Luek said...

What a fantastic idea to interview the character... whets the appetite!

Angela Cothran said...

I love Kyra :) Can't wait to read this.

Elizabeth Seckman said...

Love Kyra's writing style too! I'm still reading "If I Let You Go" and I think I will sneak "Blindsided" to the top of my list...I am a romance junkie; and when they're done well? Well, I'm over-eager!

Joanna said...

Brilliant interview and it certainly wants to make me read the book!

Annalisa Crawford said...

She sounds like a great character!

Sheena-kay Graham said...

Nice interview. Will buy in December.

L.G.Smith said...

Oh, yeah, that's got all the romantic tension going for it already. Nice. :)

Small Town Shelly Brown said...

How fun! I love a good romance myself <3

Small Town Shelly Brown said...

How fun! I love a good romance myself <3

Emily R. King said...

Fun interview! I love Christmas, too.

Donna K. Weaver said...

Got my copy!

Samantha May said...

Aw how fun! I'm a fan of Kyra's too :) Can't wait to read this one!

Michael Offutt, Speculative Fiction Author said...

My favorite holiday is the fourth of July. I love it because it's summertime, and everyone is having fun and you don't have to deal with huge lines at the stores.

Hey Leigh...did Roxanne get a hold of you? I gave her your contact info and she says you haven't responded.

Jackie said...

Can't wait to read this one! :D

Nicole said...

Fun interview!

Livia said...

Great interview, Leigh and Kyra! Had fun getting to know Izzy better! Now, I should put Blindsided by Kyra Lennon my TBR list! :)

Lisa Regan said...

Love this interview! Congrats to Kyra, wishing her big sales!

Carrie Butler said...

I loved this! :D

Kyra Lennon said...

@Suzi - Thanks! Isabelle is a real sweetheart!

@Alex J.Cavanaugh - LOL, yeah, she definitely would have if she could!

@Stina Lindenblatt - Thank you!

@Julie Luek - Thanks!

@Angela Cothran - Love you back! <3

@Elizabeth Seckman - Aww, your comments always make me smile! <3

@Joanna - Yay, thanks!

@Annalisa Crawford - Yeah, she is very sweet :D

@Sheena-Kay Graham - Thanks!

@L.G Smith - Thank you!

@Small Town Shelly Brown - THanks!

@Emily R. King - Christmas is the best!

@Donna K Weaver - Thank you so much!

@Samantha May - Thanks, Samantha!

@Michael Offut - You make a good point! If we celebrated July 4th here in the UK, it would probably be one of my favourites too lol.

@Jackie - Thanks!

@Nicole - Thank you!

@Livia - Thanks so much, glad you enjoyed it!

@Lisa Regan - Thank you!

@Carrie Butler - Thanks Carrie! <3

Nick Wilford said...

Great interview and a great book. I don't typically read romance, but Kyra's stuff is awesome. Congrats!

Coleen Patrick said...

I love a good romance--and that cover is really great! Got it on my to-read pile. :)

Patricia T. said...

I like a good romance occasionally and this sounds wonderful! Enjoyed the interview and getting to know Kyra.

Shallee said...

I love character interviews! It's always fun to get to know a little about them. Thanks, ladies!

Trisha said...

Kyra's fabulous! I have only read one of her works so far but I loved it. Can't wait to read more! And Izzy sounds very sweet!

Kelley Lynn said...

Great interview! And I LOVE the new pic Leigh. It actually might not be that new as I've been on a month long bloggy break, but its new to me :)

Sherry Ellis said...

That was a really cute "interview!" The book looks great!

Adeeva Afsheen said...


Banned complain !! Complaining only causes life and mind become more severe. Enjoy the rhythm of the problems faced. No matter ga life, not a problem not learn, so enjoy it :)

Teh Alami Untuk Meningkatkan Konsentrasi
Kapsul Herbal Mengatasi Kemandulan
Pengobatan Batu Empedu Secara Alami
Kapsul Penambah Stamina Pria Dewasa
Obat Penyakit Miom Herbal
Cara Menghilangkan Penyakit Keputihan Pada Wanita
Obat Mata Katarak Terbaik
Obat Tradisional Penyakit Kanker Darah
Multi-Vitamin Untuk Kesehatan Anak
Obat Tumor Alami Herbal