Monday, August 6, 2012

Almost Here!

Guess what is NEXT WEEK?
If you haven't had a chance to sign up yet - you can do it now! 
Here are the details...

WHAT IF?
Fairytale Madness BlogFest!

         AUGUST 13th – 17th          
Have you noticed that by changing one detail; one event, one character trait, one thought...you can completely alter the rest of the story?

For this bloghop we are exploring "What If?"
Not only do we want it to be fun, but it will hopefully be a fun writing exercise and make for some great reading during the hop!

To enter:
Think of your favorite "well known" fairytale and ask "What If…!"
Then, pick one of these four categories: (be sure to mention which category you're joining, during your blog post!)
·       Best Plot Twist
·       Best Love Story
·       Best Tragedy
·       Best Comic Relief
Finally, write a scene(s) illustrating a new detail of the fabled fairy tale that changes our perspective.
To recap,
Is it a plot twist? (Cinderella gets knocked up by the Carriage Driver…)
An unknown romance that comes to light? (Snow White dumps the Prince for Grumpy…)
A tragic loss occurs? (The Three Little Pigs are too late to save their house…)
A little comic relief? (Hansel and Gretel win a trip on Euro Rail, sponsored in part by M&M’s…)
Whatever the change…It's limited only by your imagination – but please keep it PG-13.
Other Rules:
·       Post your story during the week of August 13 to 17.
·       Flash Fiction – 300 WORD MAX. (You don't have to tell the whole story in three hundred words. Pick what works to illustrate your point.)

JUDGING CATEGORIES and the respective judges:
 ·       Best Plot Twist – Cassie Mae
·       Best Love Story - Morgan Shamy
·       Best Tragedy -  Leigh Covington
·       Best Comic Relief - Mark Koopmans
PRIZES!
(Prize will go to the winner of judge's sponsored category. For example, Leigh's prize goes to the winner of Best Tragedy, Mark's prize goes to winner of Best Comic Relief, etc.)
Leigh is offering: A Paperback Copy of "Save The Cat," by Blake Snyder!
Morgan is offering: A full manuscript critique!
Cassie Mae is offering: $25 Amazon Gift Card
Mark is offering: a $25 Hawaiian care package (incl. $5 USPS Priority Shipping) Winner can choose from any number of small items such as candy, trinkets, Kona Coffee, etc.
Now all you have to do is get your name in the linky and throw a button on your blog! (At least, we'd love it if you put a button on your blog!) This is going to be so much fun! Can't wait to read your entry!



 
This is a Blog Hop!
13.
61.


You are next... Click here to enter
This list will close in 11 days, 15 hrs, 24 min (8/17/2012 11:59 PM North America - Mountain Standard Time)

What is a blog hop?
Get the code here...

21 comments:

J. A. Bennett said...

I still don't know which team I want to be on, but I can't wait!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Everyone will have fun with that blogfest!

Kyra Lennon said...

This is such a kickass contest, but with the blog tour, I just don't think I'll have time. I swear this is the first blog fest I have ever passed up a chance to be involved in LOL! But I will read as many entries as I can!

Ink in the Book said...

I'm looking forward to the blogfest. I know which team I'm going to be on...exciting!

Michael Offutt, Tebow Cult Initiate said...

You know what this reminds me of? The one detail thing? Drawing.

I took a lot of high school art classes, and I thought I was pretty good. When drawing the human face or body with a pencil, I quickly noted that by making one "tiny" adjustment to a nose or the shape of an eye, the whole face changed.

I learned rather quickly that the difference between drop dead gorgeous and ugly can literally be a hair's breadth on paper.

So yeah, the details count immensely in any artform, including the written one.

Rachel Schieffelbein said...

I am so looking forward to this!! It's been fun working on a flash fiction piece, and I can't wait to read what everyone else comes up with!

David P. King said...

Afraid I can't join like I had hoped. Homework is still not done (edits), but I'll be reading! :)

Rob-bear said...

The thing about "almost here" is that, where you finally get to "here," someone will have moved it to "there."

Hope you have have lots of fun with the project. Bear is just too sleepy in this hot weather.

Lisa Regan said...

This is so creative. I don't think I'll have time to do it but I look forward to reading everyone else's!

Linda Jackson said...

...signed up. I hope I remember to write my piece! :)

Rena said...

I am still bouncing-in-my-seat excited about this blog hop. I'm all twisty in the plot, so that's where I'll be, but I can't wait to see all of them.

And Write On Con at the same time, Eeek!

Carrie Butler said...

Thanks for the reminder, Leigh! I kind of, sorta, almost forgot. :D

Jenny Morris said...

I can't wait to read everyone's entries, which is still plan on trying to do. Such a cool idea.

The Linky list is kinda wonky. It's got lots of spaces so I'm not sure if it's supposed to be like that.

Morgan said...

Yaaaaaaay!!!!!!!!

SOoooooo stoked...

Really.

Stoked.

Emily R. King said...

I'm so bummed I have to bag out. Sigh.

Suzi said...

Got it all written. Gotta get to editing. August kinda snuck up on me.

Melissa said...

I wish I could participate, but I'm trying not to overextend myself. I've already lost so much writing time with the kids out of school. :(

Lara Schiffbauer said...

I'm freaking out! Aagh! I haven't written anything yet... I'm not going to ditch though - I'm coming up with something!

Leslie S. Rose said...

Oh this sounds like such a blast. Why oh why is school starting up. Maybe no one will know if I have no lessons plans for the first week. Oh, well. I'll just have to live vicariously though the participants.

Susanna Leonard Hill said...

This looks like SO MUCH FUN! I know I'm not going to have time to get an entry together myself, but I'm really looking forward to reading everyone else's!!!

Adeeva Afsheen said...


Banned complain !! Complaining only causes life and mind become more severe. Enjoy the rhythm of the problems faced. No matter ga life, not a problem not learn, so enjoy it :)

Nutrisi Menurunkan Berat Badan
Suplemen Menurunkan Berat Badan
Pengobatan Alami Kanker Prostat
Obat Peninggi Badan Anak
Cream Alami Memutihkan Kulit Wajah
Obat Insomnia Berat
Obat Herbal Radang Sendi
Suplemen Untuk Mata
Obat Alami Radang Paru-Paru
Obat Alternatif Jantung Koroner Yang Alami