Monday, July 2, 2012

Why Tragedy?

For those of you who haven't heard... the FAIRY TALE MADNESS BLOGFEST is coming up the week of August 13th - 17th!

You can click HERE for details or to sign up!

You'll notice, that I  am TEAM TRAGEDY! Yes, I actually chose this category, but now I'm wondering WHY?

Don't get me wrong, I'm excited for this category - and the Team Tragedy button ROCKS (thank you Cassie Mae) but... I hate tragedies! Yes, I said... HATE!

I.LIKE.HAPPY.ENDINGS!
Could I be any more clear? I guess that is part of why I thought this category would be so fun. Plus, it's pretty upside-down for a fairytale to be a tragedy. Right? Fairytales have HAPPY endings! Well, not for Team Tragedy! I seriously can't wait to see what you guys come up with!

The hard part is to come up with something of my own! Guess I better get to work!

Have you decided what team you're on? Please tell if you have!

And... if you haven't had the chance to sign up yet - here's the linky! Thanks to all of you who have helped spread the word! You're awesome & we appreciate it!
This is a Blog Hop!

13.

You are next... Click here to enter
This list will close in 48 days, 10 hrs, 53 min (8/17/2012 11:59 PM North America - Mountain Standard Time)

What is a blog hop?
Get the code here...

18 comments:

Suzi said...

I haven't started writing yet, but the idea that popped into my head fit into plot twists. I'm still gonna think it over, but I kinda like this idea.

Cassie Mae said...

I'm Team Plot Twists! But only cuz I was like, uh... Just give me whatever! Lol.

And wait a second, we have to write one too??? Now, I'm freaking out a bit! ;)

Michael Offutt, Tebow Cult Initiate said...

That eye has some serious tears going on. I'm glad it's a blue eye too...I think tragedy is only good when it's represented by Caucasian blue-eyed people instead of the racially diverse. :P

Nicole said...

I need to figure out my team! I'm still plotting my twists. :)

Lara Schiffbauer said...

I admit, I haven't decided. Do we have to decide ahead of time? I thought maybe I'd write it and then see where it fits...

Rachel said...

I wish I could participate, Leigh. I'm going to be in Europe when the blogfest happens though. Siiiigh

Cortney Pearson said...

Way to go on picking tragedies, because I'm like you--I like happy endings!! I'm excited for this bloghop, still haven't decided which one I'm going for yet!! :D

Alleged Author said...

I so want to join this but I'm in the throes of teaching at this point. Ahhhhhh! Seriously might though.

Leslie S. Rose said...

What a fun concept for a blogfest. Looking forward to it. I'm a happy ending girl as well. Can you say, "glass slipper?"

elizabeth seckman said...

I have no clue what team I'm on yet...but I'm like you...I WANT happy endings. Life has enough crap, I want my fantasy life to be sweet. :)

Mark Koopmans said...

:(

I'm in team comedy. Sigh.

That sucks :(

And, now it's raining and I have no coat.

:(

David P. King said...

This is your chance, Leigh. Make me cry. Looking forward to this blogfest. :)

Kim said...

A tragic fairy tale? Sounds like a challenge :)

Nick Wilford said...

Leigh, I don't know what it is but I like to put my characters through the grinder. Maybe because then you see what they're made of. So it was an easy choice for me to be in Team Tragedy. As for an idea though... well, no further forward! Hmm, I'm sure I'll get there. :D

Morgan said...

GO TEAM TRAGEDY!!!!!!!

LOL!

Too funny, Leigh!!!!!

Coleen Patrick said...

Hi Leigh!
This blogfest sounds awesome. I have a lot of catching up to do after vacation, but I am going to see if I can play along. Sounds like great fun!

Megan Wille said...

I just signed up today and honestly, I'm a little nervous. I signed up for the Love Story Team :) I'm a sucker for a good romance. And rewriting a fairytale romance sounds like so much fun. I can't wait to post :)

Happy writing!!
M.J. Wille, author

Adeeva Afsheen said...


Banned complain !! Complaining only causes life and mind become more severe. Enjoy the rhythm of the problems faced. No matter ga life, not a problem not learn, so enjoy it :)

Obat Penyumbatan Pembuluh Darah
Obat Gangguan Fungsi Ginjal Pada Pria Dan Wanita
Obat Pencegah Paru-Paru Basah
Obat Gangguan Fungsi Hati
Obat Migrain Alami Herbal