Monday, June 11, 2012

Sending Angie Off in Style!

Happy Monday Everyone!
In all honestly, after having that big of a break in blogging, you'd think I had all sorts of posts ready to burst through the blogosphere, but it's not true. I have nothing at all. I have finally made it to some of your blogs again though and I LOVE IT! Man, I have missed so much. It could be totally depressing, but instead I am looking at the awesome fact that I will be doing more visiting now! Yes, I can't be there every day, but I won't be completely MIA!
In case you haven't heard, the fabulous, Angela Cothran is moving away from the great state of Utah. This is very sad for all of us here, but wonderful news for those in Florida! I wanted to get together with Ang before she left and we decided we needed to get as many of us as possible together. It totally worked! Although, since she has so much going on with the "move" I volunteered to take care of the dinner. This may or may not have caused a sudden anxiety attack as the memories of the horrid Cheesecake Factory experience came to mind. *sigh* Alas, I fought through and things turned out fabulous! Thank you Olive Garden for being amazing and accommodating! 
Here are a few pics from the evening! I love these people!
 (L-R) Angela Cothran, Ruth Josse, David Powers King and Wifey! (BTW, David brought his daughter and she's as darling as his wife! So much fun!)
 (L-R) Me, Morgan Shamy, & Cassie Mae
We may or may not have been the crazy end of the table. I think Cassie and I corrupted for Morgan! Love these girls!
(L-R) Angie Cothran, Cassie Mae, Peggy Eddleman, Katie Dodge, Chantele Sedgwick, & Ruth Josse.

Let me, once again, state how amazing and supportive the writing community is!
I have been shocked after finally starting my blog and sharing my writing. I have met some made amazing friends, read some fabulous stories and learned so much!
Thanks to ALL OF YOU for being who you are!

33 comments:

Lara Schiffbauer said...

What a happy send off! You all looked like you had a lot of fun, even if the reason to get together was sad. And I love the Olive Garden! They've never let me down!

Clare said...

That's excellent that so many of you in the blogging world could get together to see Angela off. It looks like you had an excellent time.

S.P. Bowers said...

Looks like fun! Have a safe trip Angela!

Cristina said...

that's so awesome of you guys to plan a such a sweet get together to send her off.

How come Utah that has all these cool people? gosh, besides me, there's nothing going on in CT!!! LOL

Tobi Summers said...

Seriously, you guys make me want to move to Utah! Looks like fun! How come no one ever moves to NJ? :-)

Cassie Mae said...

I'm going to miss Angie so much!!! But now I have someone to visit when i go to Florida :D

Laura Marcella said...

What a wonderful sendoff for Angie. It looks like you all had a fun time!!

Morgan said...

Eeeeeee!!!!!!

And blast... I shouldn't have left early... I missed out on the fun after pics! Grrrr...

And man... is it just me, or do my arms look really beefy in that group pic? LOL! That's it, Leigh, I'm unfriending you and blocking you. *snicker*

So, so, SO fun. Annnnnd I'm pretty sure I'm corrupted for life, Miss E.R.O.T.I.C.A. :P

Emily R. King said...

I wish I could have been there. I love you Angie!

Michael Offutt, Tebow Cult Initiate said...

That looks like a wonderful time. I was busy with out of town guests but that Olive Garden is a short walk from where I live. I hope there is another one that I can join in on. I love the supportive Utah Writers group. Morgan made it into two pictures...she's such a shameless camera hog (Just kidding Morgan!)

Tara Tyler said...

that looks like it was a blast! i'm so jealous!

welcome back =)

Jeigh said...

GAH!!! I am so jealous of you Utah writers! I wish I lived closer so I could get in on this action!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Looks like you guys had fun! You didn't get thrown out, did you?

Katie Dodge said...

Thanks for setting it up! It was so fun to get together with all you crazy people! ;)

Jenny Morris said...

Man, I want to live in UTAH. Glad you guys had fun.

Jessie Humphries said...

What the HHHH!?!?!? I was NOT invited. I know I live in Vegas, but I happen to have a private helicopter and would have made it! Yeah right. I love you girls!

Coleen Patrick said...

Everyone looks so happy in those photos!! What a nice send off.
And Leigh, I think you are an amazing, supportive pillar in the writing community! :)
Hope you have a great week.

Rachel said...

Leigh - what a wonderful way to send off a friend. Sorry I've been lacking in the blog comments :( I've been busy apartment hunting :) and trying to get a job :/ Hope you're doing well. Have a great week!

Patricia T. said...

Looks liike a great send off for Angie. Loved the fun photos. Know how hard it is to get back in the groove after you've been gone -- a lot of catch-up!

Peggy Eddleman said...

That was SO much fun! Thanks so much for organizing it! At least we'll still get to see Angela in the blogosphere, right?

And I think that taking a break makes it SO MUCH HARDER to come up with post ideas!

Linda Jackson said...

Beautiful.

Hope Roberson said...

Looks like a blast! Fun group of people :)

Alleged Author said...

How cool! I wish I had a writer's group filled with people like you guys and gals!

Aristoph said...

I like this post; you're a good writer...and I don't toss that around idly. Though, I like your blog in general. You will be hearing from me again.

Would you mind checking out my blog?

Chow.

Leslie Pugh said...

It looks like you had a blast sending her off in style! I wish I could have joined in the fun! Maybe one day in the future.

Small Town Shelly Brown said...

Stupid vacation stopped me from getting a little piece of that. And by 'that' I meant seeing Angie off nothing else.
Another time. *sigh* Another time.

Mark Koopmans said...

Welcome back Leibby :)

Sooooo awesome to see fellow writers in a relaxed pic (versus our "official" headshot.

Love DPK's Hawaiian shirt, by the way... now I know what I'm wearing if I can ever make one of these shindigs :)

PS... my wife and you will get along like a *house on fire* (she, too, loves to plan events :)

PPS... glad to hear you're *over* the CC Factory debacle :)

Kim said...

My only question is: why wasn't I invited? I want it! I love Angie and wish her the best of luck. Looks like you guys had a riot :)

Deana said...

How completely awesome is this! I wish I could have been there with so many of you fabulous people telling Angie goodbye. Oh well, at least she's coming into my neck of the woods, maybe I can just go visit her:)

Glad your back into the blogging world girl!

Cynthia Chapman Willis said...

What a great group with such big smiles. It looks like you all had a wonderful time.
Best of everything to Angie!

Angela Cothran said...

Thanks so much Leigh! I even pulled myself out of packing for long enough to check out your post. Thanks for all the work you did on this. It was awesome!!!

elizabeth seckman said...

You guys look so happy...it makes me sad to see Angie move! :(

Adeeva Afsheen said...



I say many thanks to Mr. admin website I read this, because in this website I know a lot of information information that I did not know before his

Pengobatan Penyakit Hernia Herbal
Obat Kanker Tuba Falopi Herbal
Obat TBC Tumor Di Hati
Obat Herbal Radang Panggul
Obat Polip Di Usus
Mengobati Kanker Kerongkongan
Obat Benjolan Di Bibir Vagina
Obat Benjolan Di Belakang Telinga Tradisional
Cara Menghilangkan Flek Paru Paru
Cara Menghilangkan Gatal Akibat Panu