Monday, June 25, 2012

Announcing the Fairy Tale Madness Blogfest!

I've got fun news today! I've been so excited to announce this, and for those of you who don't know how impatient I can be... it was REALLY hard to wait! However, the wait is over and it's finally here!

Here's what happened... I realized that I have the same Blogiversary as Cassie Mae, Morgan Shamy and Mark Koopmans! Exciting, right? So we all decided to get together and do a blogfest in celebration of the occasion! We even did a poll to let you vote for what you'd like to do for the fest and the What If? Fairy Tale Madness idea was born!

I have made an official Blogfest page, that you can visit by clicking the link up top, or just click HERE. But I'll past the fabulous info below too! We sure hope you'll join in the fun!

WHAT IF?
Fairytale Madness BlogFest!

         AUGUST 13th – 17th          
Have you noticed that by changing one detail; one event, one character trait, one thought...you can completely alter the rest of the story?

For this bloghop we are exploring "What If?"
Not only do we want it to be fun, but it will hopefully be a fun writing exercise and make for some great reading during the hop!

To enter:
Think of your favorite "well known" fairytale and ask "What If…!"
Then, pick one of these four categories: (be sure to mention which category you're joining, during your blog post!)
·       Best Plot Twist
·       Best Love Story
·       Best Tragedy
·       Best Comic Relief

Finally, write a scene(s) illustrating a new detail of the fabled fairy tale that changes our perspective.
To recap,
Is it a plot twist? (Cinderella gets knocked up by the Carriage Driver…)
An unknown romance that comes to light? (Snow White dumps the Prince for Grumpy…)
A tragic loss occurs? (The Three Little Pigs are too late to save their house…)
A little comic relief? (Hansel and Gretel win a trip on Euro Rail, sponsored in part by M&M’s…)

Whatever the change…It's limited only by your imagination – but please keep it PG-13 J
Other Rules:
·       Post your story during the week of August 13 to 17.
·       Flash Fiction – 300 WORD MAX. (You don't have to tell the whole story in three hundred words. Pick what works to illustrate your point.)

JUDGING CATEGORIES and the respective judges:
 ·       Best Plot Twist – Cassie Mae
·       Best Love Story - Morgan Shamy
·       Best Tragedy -  Leigh Covington
·       Best Comic Relief - Mark Koopmans

PRIZES!
(Prize will go to the winner of judge's sponsored category. For example, Leigh's prize goes to the winner of Best Tragedy, Mark's prize goes to winner of Best Comic Relief, etc.)
Leigh is offering: A Paperback Copy of "Save The Cat," by Blake Snyder!
Morgan is offering: A full manuscript critique!
Cassie Mae is offering: $25 Amazon Gift Card
Mark is offering: a $25 Hawaiian care package (incl. $5 USPS Priority Shipping) Winner can choose from any number of small items such as candy, trinkets, Kona Coffee, etc.

Now all you have to do is get your name in the linky and throw a button on your blog! (At least, we'd love it if you put a button on your blog!) This is going to be so much fun! Can't wait to read your entry!



 

39 comments:

Kyra Lennon said...

LOVE this idea for a blogfest! Still thinking about whether I can be creative enough for it though lol!

Sheena-kay Graham said...

Signed up and can't wait for blogfest to start.

Clare said...

This sounds like an excellent blogfest, I signed up on Cassie Mae's site. Just deciding which category to enter.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Will mention it Wednesday for you! Fun blogfest.

Cassie Mae said...

Seriously, crop me into that picture with Hugh. Doesn't he look like he needs Cassie tucked under his arm, drooling all over his grey shirt? ;)

Tara Tyler said...

holy henna! i love it! count me in!
i suggest a linky link...

Morgan said...

Eeeeeeee!!!!! Leigh, you're amazing. Thanks for all of your hard work. This fest will be awesome! :D

J. A. Bennett said...

Oh my, how fun!! I'll have to give this some awesome thought. You guys are too cool :)

Tara Tyler said...

now i feel better =)

Miranda Hardy said...

Great idea! Can't wait to figure out what I plan to do.

Emily R. King said...

SO excited for this. WOOT! WOOT!

Ruth Josse said...

Oh, hello Hugh Jackman. Thank you for that, Leigh. :)

This sounds really fun! I may have to join just so I can get Mark to mail me some chocolate macadamia nuts.

S.P. Bowers said...

Well, happy blogoversary! (in august) can't wait to read all the entries.

David P. King said...

Brilliant! I need to think of something awesome for this one. :)

Tasha Seegmiller said...

This is such a fun idea. I can't wait (and probably shouldn't because if I don't have a brilliant idea before this week, which when school starts, it won't happen)

Cortney Pearson said...

Looks soooo cute! Just saw it on Morgan and Cassie's blogs! Yay, can't wait! :D

Jennifer Young said...

What a fun idea for a blog hop. I'm not sure what category I want to go with yet. Hmmm...btw can it be a children's story?

Patricia T. said...

Very clever idea! Will have to see if I'm clever enough. Hope it can also be a children's story.

Donna K. Weaver said...

As I mentioned over at Morgan's, this looks like so much fun. Wish I had time to participate.

Michael Offutt, Tebow Cult Initiate said...

I love the buttons. They are so nice looking. Someone has serious photoshop skillz

Lara Schiffbauer said...

Yay! Fun! I can't wait. :)

And I would love any feedback you'd like to give me re: the query, if you have the time. I know you're one busy lady, so would understand if you run out of time! :)

Carrie Butler said...

...Okay, I was going to comment on the blogfest, but then I got distracted by Cassie's comment. Now I can't stop picturing her drooling on Hugh! LOL

Jolene Perry said...

I'm way excited to read the entries for this one :-D

Mark Koopmans said...

Aloha,

Wow, we're up to thirty-four signees (as of 9 p.m. EST) already and it's not even one day old.... Thanks Leigh, for all you did to get us up and running:)

Nicole said...

Signed up over at Mark's. Awesome idea, guys!

elizabeth seckman said...

You guys have the best ideas! Blogger super heroes!

Melissa Sugar said...

I am really excited about this blogfest. There is no better way to jump back in to the blogging world after being away than to participate in a cool and fun blogfest. I will be there.

Talli Roland said...

Ooh, fantastic! Looks like a great blogfest!

Nick Wilford said...

I signed up! Need to get my thinking cap on for this one. Not quite in that place yet, but there's a bit of time. I'll probably go for tragedy knowing me!

Joshua said...

Okay, I signed up. But Cassie's going to have to give me a calendar reminder for this one.

Melissa said...

This is a fun idea for a hop. I can't wait to see what kinds of entries people come up with. :)

Ciara said...

Great blog fest idea. This is the second time I've run across it today.

Sabrina A. Fish said...

Signed up via Morgan's page and am super excited to participate. I already have my fairy tale picked out and the idea for the scene I want to write.

What a great idea celebrate your combined blogiversary together!!!

Jenny Morris said...

OH WOW. This sounds SO cool. Now I just need to figure out which team I'm on so I can grab the right button. (What do you use to create your buttons?) So looking forward to this.

Ella said...

This could be so twisted n' fun! I am considering this...
A great idea!

Rek said...

I've joined and hoping to have some fun creating and reading other quirky works.

Stacy Henrie said...

What a fun and unique blogfest! You guys rock! :)

Jennifer Ruth Jackson said...

Good luck to everyone, this sounds fantastic!

Adeeva Afsheen said...


Banned complain !! Complaining only causes life and mind become more severe. Enjoy the rhythm of the problems faced. No matter ga life, not a problem not learn, so enjoy it :)

Obat Penyumbatan Pembuluh Darah
Obat Gangguan Fungsi Ginjal Pada Pria Dan Wanita
Obat Pencegah Paru-Paru Basah
Obat Gangguan Fungsi Hati
Obat Migrain Alami Herbal