The fabulous, Cassie Mae, tagged me with this post and I was excited to participate. I am working through the second draft of my book, and really like how it's going. I feel like things are really coming together and I can't wait to finish and get it out to CP's and betas!
Basically, I get to answer 10 questions about my book. Then I tag a few people to answer the same 10 questions about their book! Easy, right? So here I go!
1. What is the name of your book?
2. Where did the idea for your book come from?
Heck if I know! It’s really a culmination of a lot of ideas I had.
3. In what genre would you classify your book?
4. If you had to pick actors to play your characters in a movie rendition, who would you choose?
Gerard Butler as Cerron (leader of the Guardians)
Emma Stone as Skye
Luke MacFarlane as Logan
Zac Effron as Chaz
5. Give us a one-sentence synopsis of your book.
Skye thinks that freedom will put her life back together, but instead she’s thrown into an underground war where magic and friendship might be the only hope of survival.
6. Is your book already published/represented?
Nope. Working on 2nd draft then going out for crit work!
7. How long did it take you to write your book?
Probably about 5 months on my first draft. Hopefully the second draft will be finished in two.
8. What other books within your genre would you compare it to? Or, readers of which books would enjoy yours?
I don’t really think there is anything to compare it too, and that’s okay. I like that it’s different. But I think that anyone who likes action, fighting, magic, fantasy and a little romance, will really like this.
9. Which authors inspired you to write this book?
Lots of authors and books inspired me, but when I found out my friend, Chantele Sedgwick was writing and getting involved in the writing community, I knew I needed to quit being a chicken and go for it myself.
10. Tell us anything that might pique our interest in your book.
It takes place in a different world, in sort of a medieval type of era. It’s a dystopian and fantasy with fantastical creatures, sword play, magic and a sexy love interest.
So there you have it!
Now, I tag all of you! If you want to do it... then do it! Please share! It's a fun, I promise! OR... at least share a little about your book in the comments below!