Wednesday, June 13, 2012

About My Book...


The fabulous, Cassie Mae, tagged me with this post and I was excited to participate. I am working through the second draft of my book, and really like how it's going. I feel like things are really coming together and I can't wait to finish and get it out to CP's and betas!
Basically, I get to answer 10 questions about my book. Then I tag a few people to answer the same 10 questions about their book! Easy, right? So here I go!

1. What is the name of your book?

STAIN

2. Where did the idea for your book come from?

Heck if I know! It’s really a culmination of a lot of ideas I had.

3. In what genre would you classify your book?

YA Fantasy/Dystopian

4. If you had to pick actors to play your characters in a movie rendition, who would you choose?

Gerard Butler as Cerron (leader of the Guardians)
Emma Stone as Skye
Luke MacFarlane as Logan
Zac Effron as Chaz

5. Give us a one-sentence synopsis of your book.

Skye thinks that freedom will put her life back together, but instead she’s thrown into an underground war where magic and friendship might be the only hope of survival.

6. Is your book already published/represented?

Nope. Working on 2nd draft then going out for crit work!

7. How long did it take you to write your book?

Probably about 5 months on my first draft. Hopefully the second draft will be finished in two.

8. What other books within your genre would you compare it to? Or, readers of which books would enjoy yours?

I don’t really think there is anything to compare it too, and that’s okay. I like that it’s different. But I think that anyone who likes action, fighting, magic, fantasy and a little romance, will really like this.

9. Which authors inspired you to write this book?

Lots of authors and books inspired me, but when I found out my friend, Chantele Sedgwick was writing and getting involved in the writing community, I knew I needed to quit being a chicken and go for it myself.

10. Tell us anything that might pique our interest in your book.

It takes place in a different world, in sort of a medieval type of era. It’s a dystopian and fantasy with fantastical creatures, sword play, magic and a sexy love interest.

So there you have it!
Now, I tag all of you! If you want to do it... then do it! Please share! It's a fun, I promise! OR... at least share a little about your book in the comments below!

38 comments:

elizabeth seckman said...

Just a matter of time before it's published! Now...all you people must quit posting so nibby me can go to bed!

Trisha said...

It sounds delicious and I look forward to reading it someday...in paperback format. Woo! hehe

I may have to do this one, haven't done a taggy thing in a while...

Kyra Lennon said...

*jumps up and down* I cannot wait to read this!! Hit me up if you need someone to crit for you! :D

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Skye is a cool name!

Peaches Ledwidge said...

With all of the following, "fantastical creatures, sword play, magic and a sexy love interest," it must be good.

Justine Dell said...

You had me at Zac Efron. ;-)

~JD

Tara Tyler said...

its hard for me to imagine the plot, that means its titally different and i like that! sounds awesome!

Tara Tyler said...

totally...stupid ipad fingers!

Peggy Eddleman said...

Oh, my goodness, Leigh! Your book sounds freaking fabulous!

Hope Roberson said...

I remember you mentioning Gerard Butler before, I'm hooked! :)

Laura Marcella said...

Your novel sounds awesome, Leigh!

Chantele Sedgwick said...

Yay! Can't wait to read the newest draft! :D And thanks for the shout-out. You're so cute. :)

J. A. Bennett said...

Sounds super fun! I would love it read it sometime :)

Jeigh said...

That sounds cool! I love that it's dystopian with magic!

Madeline Mora-Summonte said...

Keep going, Leigh! :)

The ms I'm working on for Camp NaNo is YA Horror. It's coming along but it still needs - and will need! - lots of work. :)

Michael Offutt, Tebow Cult Initiate said...

Stain sounds wonderful Leigh. I can't wait to hear more about it. And for the record, Zac Effron needs better roles so I hope he gets picked for the screen adaptation of your book :)

Donna K. Weaver said...

This is a fun post. I love learning more about your book and how it came about.

Cortney Pearson said...

Such a fun post, and I LOVE that title!!

Dana said...

Sounds great, Leigh!

Jenny Morris said...

Your book sounds great and I really like one of your characters names. Logan's are really special. ;0)

Can't wait to someday read this!!

Nick Wilford said...

What a nice idea this tag is. The book sounds great, it sounds like a pretty cool world you've created. I also like the fact that you were inspired by Chantele to start writing. What a great friend!

Precy Larkins said...

Cool book! Good luck with the next phase (editing/crit)!! :D

Lara Schiffbauer said...

Your book sounds wonderful - anything with sword play and magical creatures gets my vote!

Leslie Pugh said...

Your book sounds fantastic! Anything especially with a magical twist is right up my alley. Can't wait to hear more about it!

Stephen Tremp said...

When I was a kid I liked dystopian. Perhaps this influence creeps its way into my story just a little nit. Of course, the good guy Chase Manhattan ultimately saves the day because if he doesn't, I would be writing the next book with the dystopian theme.

Krista McLaughlin said...

Your book sounds very good! :)

Talli Roland said...

It sounds fascinating, and I love the title!

Mark Koopmans said...

Sounds intriguing and something I'd like to read... so put me down on your waiting list of Crit-ters :)

Susanna Leonard Hill said...

Very fun to learn more about your book! thanks for sharing. Just last night, my son was asking for something medieval fantasy... maybe when your book comes out it will qualify enough in that area for him to want to read it :)

Kim said...

Sounds great, Leigh - thanks for sharing. And ditto, Mark - I'm new to this writing world and always looking for someone to swap work with. If you need another crit partner, let me know...

Coleen Patrick said...

Romance, action & magic? Can't wait for this book to be ready to read! :)

Nicole said...

Love the sneak peek! And what a great title.

Cassie Mae said...

I call first dibs!!! And when you send it, will you also send a sexy pic of Zac Efron so I can toggle to it when I read his character??

Patricia T. said...

I admire you -- I don't think I could take on YA fiction, as much as I'd like to. Your book sounds very intriguing and I look forward to reading it.

Stacy S. Jensen said...

Loved the one line. It actually made me think about a conversation I had this morning with someone about the political changes in Africa. Dictators - as much as we hate them - offer a bit of stability (that just sounds bad, but I hope you get what I'm saying). Looking forward to your release.

Charlie Holmberg said...

Love this! I think I might just do it :)

Joanna said...

Sounds very intriguing, Leigh! Glad you shared as I love hearing more about people's WIPs!

Adeeva Afsheen said...

I say many thanks to Mr. admin website I read this, because in this website I know a lot of information information that I did not know before his

Pengobatan Penyakit Hernia Herbal
Obat Kanker Tuba Falopi Herbal
Obat TBC Tumor Di Hati
Obat Herbal Radang Panggul
Obat Polip Di Usus
Mengobati Kanker Kerongkongan
Obat Benjolan Di Bibir Vagina
Obat Benjolan Di Belakang Telinga Tradisional
Cara Menghilangkan Flek Paru Paru
Cara Menghilangkan Gatal Akibat Panu