Monday, May 7, 2012

StoryMakers 2012

This was my first year to attend the LDS StoryMakers conference. I'd heard wonderful things, but you have to remember... I didn't step out of the writers closet until last August. I was excited to attend this year, even though I do get a little nervous before a conference. Can I just tell you that I was not disappointed? It may take me years to absorb all the awesome knowledge. I learned so much, made new friends, hung out with old friends, and enjoyed every minute! Here are a few pics of some people you might recognize!
The fabulous, David Powers King, arranged a wonderful dinner on Thursday night. There were so many people there - it was awesome!!! Lots of Facebook and blogger friends. This is when I finally met Angela Cothran for the first time (in person, of course!) I was stoked. And you may notice that Elana Johnson is there. I was feeling pretty cool when she sat at our table! AWESOME!!!

E.R. King came all the way from Washington and Deana came clear from Kentucky! Whoo-hoo! I'm so glad they did! This was my first time meeting all three of them! So lucky!
This is at snack time on Day 1. Me and Emily R. King. That girl is gorgeous and sweet and wonderful!
First time meeting Jessie Humphries in person. Yeah - she's totally the coolest and not a B-Word at all! I'm lucky enough to already know Ruth, Katie and Chan because they're in my crit group! Oh-yeah!
Can you say awesome? I've known Brenda for a while, and I just met Jeigh! Both such great ladies!
(L-R) Jessie Humphries, Me, Erin Summerill & Leslie Pugh.
Can you tell that Leslie and Erin are sisters? They are, and they both rock! Love these ladies! Leslie is just getting ready to start her blog - so I'll be sure to link you over when she has it up and running.
(L-R) Jeigh Meredith, Chantele Sedgwick, Katie Dodge, Tasha Seegmiller, Ruth Josse, Melanie Fowler and Me!
This was my first time meeting Tasha! My word - she is gorgeous and unfairly tall.I mean, like super model tall. I wish I were that lucky. Plus, she's uber cool! And... I'm lucky to already know Mel too, cause she's part of my crit group as well!
Same peeps joined by Angela Cothran, David Powers King, and Jessie Humphries!
See... I told you I was lucky!
(L-R) Emily R. King, David Powers King, Jessie Humphries, Erin Summerill and Leslie Pugh
Me and Erin after one of the panel sessions. An awesome panel, BTW. It contained Elaina Johnson and David Powers King! So great!
 (L-R) James Dashner & Jeff Savage
And there was no way in heck that I was brave enough to ask these guys to take a picture with me (even though they're so super nice, I know they would have) but I still took a picture of them, during their class with Robison Wells on plot. Man, was it awesome. If you ever have a chance to hear any of these men speak, be sure to be there. Even better when they're all together. They're hilarious!

I'm kind of disappointed in myself for not getting the camera out much on Saturday. I totally missed pictures with Peggy Eddleman, Shallee McArthur, J.A. Bennett, Shelly Brown, Chad Morris and lots, LOTS more! It was a pleasure getting to know you all better! And this month is dedicated to getting some much needed work done on my book!

34 comments:

Kyra Lennon said...

I am so freaking jealous! It's so cool that you got to meet so many amazing blogger buddies - I love the photos!

I'm glad you had a wonderful time, and I hope you can finally get time to absorb all the things you learned!

S.P. Bowers said...

Wow, so many fun people! It sounds like a blast.

Cristina said...

sigh.... so lucky all of you. Sounds like you guys had a blast :)

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

You and Emily could be sisters! Glad you had fun.
And thanks for your wonderful comments on Falling for Fiction. They just blew me away.

Joanna said...

Writers just glow at conferences... so much fun. Yay for all the fun, friendships and info!

Dana said...

Glad you had such a great time! It looks like it was a lot of fun.

Rachel said...

It sounds like it was a blast, Leigh. So great to be in the company of crit partners and pubbed authors alike. I am so glad you had a good time. :)

elizabeth seckman said...

You guys are beautiful; as jealous as I am, I will grudgingly admit that.

Cassie Mae said...

Oh my gosh! How freakin' awesome! I'm seriously going next year. I can not miss out on this :)

Samantha said...

I don't know if it's the haircut, but you Emily could pass as sisters :D And I totally want to go to this next year! I will for sure make the trip from Tennessee!!

Randy said...

Aren't you the social butterfly. What was your favorite class at the conferrence?

Small Town Shelly Brown said...

That's OK, I got a picture with you and will post it as soon as I get my lazies out. It was fun to see everyone. My favorite part of the conference :)

Jessie Humphries said...

I...had...the time of my life (Dirty Dancing style)! I love leigh abby to the moon!

Patricia T. said...

So happy you had such a great time Leigh at the LDS StoryMakers conference. What a wonderful opportunity to connect with people you already knew. Sounds like great fun, information and networking!

Nicole said...

Great pics! It sounds like an awesome event.

Angela Cothran said...

I came here last night to steal pictures, but I forgot to comment. I'm a weirdo. I LOVED meeting you. And I hope our laughing didn't bother the teacher in the Chemistry class, but I just can't help it...you are too funny!

Coleen Patrick said...

You all look like you had so much fun! So cool to see so many of you all in one place :) You look great in the photos too!

Emily R. King said...

Leigh, if I could have stuffed you in my suitcase, I would have taken you home with me.
You're AWESOME! So glad I got to hang with you for two days. :)

Michael Offutt, Tebow Cult Initiate said...

There's a writer's closet? Oh my. Why are there so many closets in my life?

Tasha Seegmiller said...

I had so much fun and am so glad that I met you. And your comments about me just made my life. Thank you. Probably going to save this post for a bad hair day :)

Carrie Butler said...

Have I mentioned how jealous I am? Seriously, you guys have all the fun. :P Glad to see you had a good time!

Jenny Morris said...

Looks like everyone has so much fun. Glad you were able to go. YAY!

Katie Dodge said...

I wish we could have seen each other more! But it really was such a good time. Love your guts! :)

Katie Dodge said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kelley Lynn said...

This looks SO fun! I'm SO jealous!

Lara Schiffbauer said...

I love looking at all your pictures! Thanks for posting them. It is fun to see all the people I read blogs from in one place, and looking so happy! I'm glad you all had a good time, and that you are ready to rock your book!

Morgan said...

Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh! I'm seriously soooooooooooo jealous right now! Ugh! Wish I could've been there! Grrrrr... Can't believe Emily came down from Washington! And I'd pay money to hang with you again, Leigh, lol.

So glad you shared. <3 to you all! ;)

Iain said...

Wow! Looks like I missed out big time. It's good to hear that it lived up to expectations :o)
The big question is... did you go as Abby or Leigh? lol

J. A. Bennett said...

I'm sad I'm not in any of these pictures. I really was there!

Peggy Eddleman said...

That was so much fun! I loved looking through all of your pictures. I'm so sad I missed out on so many of the fun times!

And you should've totally asked James and Jeff to take a picture with you. You could've just laid across their laps, with your elbow propped up on Jeff's knee. It would've been priceless!

Julia King said...

I'm so jealous. Next year I definitely have to be there. I was on vacation elsewhere though. But I'm glad you had fun and met lots of great peeps. :D

Mark Koopmans said...

Very jealous, too... need to go to UT just for the conferences, although a little Leibby once told me there are a TON of cool things to do in UTAH :)~

Leslie Rose said...

I've seen so many awesome posts on this conference. There was definitely some magic going on there.

Adeeva Afsheen said...


I say many thanks to Mr. admin website I read this, because in this website I know a lot of information information that I did not know before his
Obat Kram Otak
Obat Sistem Kekebalan Tubuh
Obat Tradisional Benjolan Di Tangan
Kumpulan Artikel Mengenai Kesehatan Dan Kebugaran