Monday, March 19, 2012

Writers @ RED ROCK!

Happy Monday Everyone! Can I just say... The "Got Green?" Blog Hop by Mark Koopmans was a blast! I loved reading everyone's entries. If you want to check them out just click on the Irish flag and it'll take you to his blog where I linky list is.

Now... in case you didn't know... THE CHEESECAKE FACTORY SUCKS! Yeah -  you should know that. One of my biggest pet peeves is when I place has absolutely NO customer service. I worked for a Marriott hotel for several years and customer service is HUGE. I can't understand a place that doesn't have it. To make a long story short... our Cheesecake outing had a few bumps. After jumping through all their hoops to get a place for our group - they wouldn't seat us. After a few colorful words to keep the tears from falling, Katie Dodge, Ruth Josse and J.A. Bennett worked with me to find a new rendezvous point.

RED ROCK BREWERY jumped in to save the day! They were phenomenal. They made room for us and gave us great service. I WILL be going back there. That isn't true for the other place. So check out some pics from our fab time at RED ROCK!
Here's a little bit of everyone! We had a pretty good turnout - but thanks to the "swear-word" factory... we missed a couple. We tried out best to spread the word and got it to most people. Can I just say... these people are awesome! I had so much fun visiting. I only wish I would have been able to visit with everyone longer. Don't worry - we'll do better for our next outing!
Shelly Brown & Nichole Giles
David Powers King & his darling wife, JoAnna!
Peggy Eddleman, Erin Summerill, J.A. Bennett & Cordell Bennett.
Ruth Josse, Katie Dodge & ME!
Me, Julia King & Morgan Shamy!
(FYI - Morgan is the sweetest person ever! Whenever I'm feeling down, I'm calling her for a pick-me-up!)
Me & Jaleta Clegg!
The fabulous Michael Offutt! So fun to finally meet him in person!
Chad Morris is hilarious!
Ian Mayas & this sweet lady. Man - if you remember her name - remind me! I'm terrible with names. These guys were a hoot & a half and Ian isn't camera shy!
Terron James and his wife, Crystal!
Donna Weaver and her husband, Ed!

I can't say how much I enjoyed the company that we had this night. If I block out the trouble with the place that shall no longer be named... this was a wonderful night and I had so much fun getting to know these people more. We will definitely do this again! Thanks for all the fun and the memories!

Don't forget to visit Erin Summerill's Blog. She's giving away a free headshot!
And Jessie Humphries is giving away Fandango bucks to help pay for your Hunger Games tickets!
Whoo-hoo! Great giveaways ladies!
What did you do this weekend?

44 comments:

Cristina said...

How does this happen??? so much coolness in one place!!!!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

That is an amazing amount of bloggers in one place! Don't think we could pull that off in my state.

Tara Tyler said...

not fair =(
you guys had way too much fun w/o me!

Miranda Hardy said...

That's awesome you visited and met with so many wonderful people. I'm jealous!

L.G.Smith said...

Wow, it's like a who's who of Utah bloggers!

What a great time. And boo to that other place that shall not be named.

Angela Cothran said...

Oh my goodness! I wish I'd been there :) Next time! Next time!

Joanna said...

There's far too much fun on this blog! What a blast! Thanks for sharing, Leigh!

Jessie Humphries said...

I have a few choice cuss words for myself for not being there. I was totally going to come and I punked out! Sh%$!, Da#*!, he&*!

David P. King said...

Glad to be part of the party, Leigh. Bumps and all! :)

Cassie Mae said...

Okay, I'm SO THERE next time! And not just in text message form :)

Samantha said...

You are too funny! I'm really jealous that you all got to hang out. *sigh* So far away.

Cortney Pearson said...

SOOO jealous! Looks like you all had a blast--and I have to agree, Morgan Shamy is one of my FAVORITE people ever. LOVE her. And Leigh, your hair is absolutely adorable. Love it!!! I said this on David's blog, but maybe next time I'll hafta make the drive down to Utah, since I live in Idaho...

i'm erin. said...

Ha! I look like such a geek in the pictures. I had a lot of fun with you guys, but I think I freaked out Jenny and her hubby. I'm a little OCD and I drink a lot of coke.

i'm erin. said...

Ha! I look like such a geek in the pictures. I had a lot of fun with you guys, but I think I freaked out Jenny and her hubby. I'm a little OCD and I drink a lot of coke.

Emily R. King said...

Fun! Wish I had been there!

Peggy Eddleman said...

That was SO MUCH FUN! Thanks so much for organizing it, and for dealing with all the swear-word inducing parts. :)

J.L. Campbell said...

By the look of it, you all had a whale of a time. It must have been great to have so many writers in one place and to meet those you hadn't before.

Small Town Shelly Brown said...

Poor Erin is also a bit redundant.

It was a blast. As I look at everyone saying that they wish they were there I think...I WISH YOU WERE THERE TOO!

Now that would have been too much fun for one room!

Nicole said...

Great pictures! Looks like lots of fun.

J. A. Bennett said...

@Erin, you didn't freak us out, you made us laugh all might long! It was a blast,

@Leigh, Boo to the place that shall-not-be-named and hooray for Red Rock!

inluvwithwords said...

Wow, Leigh, did you put that whole thing together? What fun!!

Carrie Butler said...

I know I whine about this all the time, but you guys have all the fun! *grins*

Ruth Josse said...

Thank you, thank you, Leigh! For putting it together and dealing with the Voldemort of restaurants! Boo to them! Yay for awesome writers who are also paying customers! :)

Morgan said...

Gaaaaah... STUPID CHEESECAKE FACTORY... !!!!!

I've already made a half a dozen signs and am ready to start marching... LOL.

Leigh, YOU ROCK. Hands down. I ADORE YOU. Like, chillin' with you makes me feel cool. ;)

Thanks for all your hard work and I can't *wait* 'til next time!!!

Michael Offutt, Tebow Cult Initiate said...

This was so much fun. I hope you organize another one sometime soon. Maybe we could all meet at Lagoon for the summer or something like that.

Annalisa Crawford said...

I'm jealous of how many of my blogger friends seem to know each other. I feel all alone down in sunny Cornwall!

You all look like you had a great night, albeit not the one you planned!

Joshua said...

I saw that first picture, and my initial thought was "I've seen this before. Just a bit ago. It was on David Powers King's blog. What's missing from this picture?" And the answer? It's Leigh! This has been my brain power today.

Hope Roberson said...

So glad it worked out in what sounds like an even better place :) I hope this happens in Washington some day, can't imagine actually being in the same room with a bunch of other writers! Maybe some day with Utah writers too :)

Donna K. Weaver said...

It was SO much fun!

Alleged Author said...

Looks like all of you had a blast!

Coleen Patrick said...

Looks like a great time!! :)

Melanie Fowler said...

I feel like such a loser, not being able to go... :(

M Pax said...

I'm jealous. How cool that you all got to get together. I don't think that many bloggers live around me. If I go over to Portland...maybe.

Lara Schiffbauer said...

I love your pics and David's. I didn't realize how many of the people I've met from blogging all know each other! I'm glad you all had a great time!

Jolene Perry said...

I am SOOOO sad i wasn't there!! Not like Utah is a quick trip for me or anything, but STILL!!

What a blast!!

Patricia T. said...

Looks like a great party and everyone had a lot of fun! Lots of smiles.

Kelley said...

I am SO jealous! Why can't I live by all of you guys??

Angela Brown said...

I am so glad that Red Rock was able to accommodate the group. I can't even BEGIN to understand what the people at the Cheesecake Factory were thinking.

Okay, perhaps thinking wasn't involved in the decision not to seat you guys, maybe just a bad hand of rock, paper scissors.

But in the end, fun was had and smiles photographed for posterity :-)

Susanna Leonard Hill said...

Looks like y'all had a GREAT time! :)

Julia King said...

I had sooooooo much fun. Glad to meet you and the other fun kids in the gang. We should do this more often... Of course not at The Cheesecake Factory. Blast them.
PS: I loveth your blog. So cute!

Katie Dodge said...

Good times, my friend. You are so awesome for putting it all together!

Kyra Lennon said...

How awesome! That looks like it was a lot of fun,aside from the Cheesecake Factory drama!

Sarah Pearson said...

So many people I 'know' in one place. I'm so jealous! You look like you had a fabulous time, I'm so glad for you :-)

eva fhadilah said...


Banned complain !! Complaining only causes life and mind become more severe. Enjoy the rhythm of the problems faced. No matter ga life, not a problem not learn, so enjoy it :)

Jamu Pelangsing Green World
Nutrisi Sehat Untuk Pertumbuhan Anak
Nutrisi Untuk Diet Sehat
Obat Herbal Penggemuk Badan
Obat Migrain Menahun
Obat Herbal Pengencer Darah
Obat Herbal Pelancar Buang Air Besar
Cara Ampuh Atasi Jerawat Dengan Cepat
Suplemen Untuk Kekebalan Tubuh
Suplemen Untuk Masa Pertumbuhan Anak