Sunday, March 4, 2012

Sharin' the Love!

Do you ever have that moment when someone steals your mojo? Yeah ~ mine just got stolen, so I am extremely thankful to have some awards to share today! Not only to share the love... but it saves me from thinking up a new post right now! Whoo-hoo! Double bonus! Boo-yah!

For an update. 2K done this weekend. Not bad, but it should have been 4! Blame it on the mojo stealing problem. *sigh*

Now for better news. AWARDS!!!
Cassie Mae tagged me with the Sunshine Award and the Dream Launcher Award! Thanks Cassie! Huge cyber hug!

This one is fun. Just answer the questions and pass them on. Plus - you get to put this super cute flower on your blog! Score!

1. Favorite Color? YELLOW! Happy, sunshiny yellow!
2. Favorite Animal? All of them! I'm an animal lover.
3. Favorite Number? 4! That was always my tryout number and I always did well with it.
4. Favorite (non-alcoholic) drink? Milk. Yeah, I'm that cool!
5. Facebook or Twitter? Definitely FB, although Twitter is growing on me.
6. My passion? My kids. My life revolves around them.
7. Getting or Giving presents? I love to give presents, but I suck at it! I can shop for my kids, but otherwise, I'm a terrible shopper.
8. Favorite Pattern? I'm going with Hope on this one and choosing "Paisley". I love it. Plus my youngest is named Paisley.
9. Favorite Day of the Week? At this point in life they all blur together.
10. Favorite Flower? Toss up between roses and lilies. I love them both!
 
 Also thanks to Cassie for the "Dream Launcher" Award.
I would have to thank all the teachers I've had who believed in me. Who loved my writing and taught me to write better. Also, I would thank the people who ask me to write things for them now. Things from church plays to birthday poems. They've helped me believe in myself. But even more so... I'd have to thank all of YOU! If it wasn't for the support and positivity of all my friends in the blogosphere, it would have been hard to keep up. You guys are awesome!
I officially pass these two awards to:
Prerna Pickett

Now, I would like to thank Hope Roberson for the Lucky 7 award! Here's what you do.
  1. Go to page 77 of your current WiP
  2. Go to line 7
  3. Copy down the next seven lines or paragraphs and post them as they're written.
  4. Tag 7 authors and let them know
    




        “What you thinkin’ about?” he asked.
         I shook myself from my thoughts. “Just thinking how weird it is.”
        “What?”
      “Being free.” We sat there silently for a moment. The impact of the words settling in. “The sunset seems different tonight. I don’t know why. I’ve seen it a million times out fishing those waters, but it just seems different knowing we aren’t on the Island anymore.”
            Logan nodded his head but didn’t speak.
            “It doesn’t feel real yet.”
            He smiled. “No. Not yet. But it will. And we will know without a doubt that we will never have to be on that island again.”
 
And I officially pass this onto:
Tasha Seegmiller
Taffy Lovell
Cortney Pearson
Jolene Perry

30 comments:

Jackie said...

:( on the mojo being taken BUT congrats on the awesome awards! And the name Paisley? So adorable!
Hope you have a great week!!!

Carrie Butler said...

I love your excerpt! Congratulations on the awards, Leigh! :D

Jenny Sulpizio said...

I love your blog, Leigh! Congrats on the 2k this weekend...nice productivity, girl! :) Keep it up.

Sarah Pearson said...

I think yellow suits you perfectly :-)

Kyra Lennon said...

Congrats on the award, it's so pretty!

Loved your seven lines too - great stuff! :D

Joanna said...

Congrats on your award. Milk, Yay! I love the name Paisley, though I am not crazy about the pattern. I enjoyed the fun, short questions, though. :)

Susanna Leonard Hill said...

Congrats on all your awards! Loved reading your answers and your 7 lines!

L.G.Smith said...

Congrats on so many awards. Well deserved.

And boo to mojo stealers. No awards for them.

elizabeth seckman said...

Paisley...what a cool name!

David P. King said...

What a lovely reward. Congrats to you! Don't you hate it when the mojo gets stolen? I know I do. I admit that twitter is growing on me, too. :)

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Congratulations on the awards! And gift cards - you can never go wrong with gift cards as presents.

Talli Roland said...

Congrats on the awards! And what a pretty name for your youngest!

Morgan said...

Leigh, you ARE YELLOW. You're so bright and sunny :)

And Paisley is such. a. cute. name. Cue exclamation marks: !!!!!

And honest? Great excerpt... you totally created a moment, and that's hard to do in such few words ;)

Jolene Perry said...

SWEET!!

THANK YOU!!!!

Now, which project to use . . .

Emily R. King said...

Congrats on the awards, Leigh! I prefer to give presents, too. I spend a lot of time picking them. It's kind of my thing. :)
Have a great day!

Rachel Morgan said...

Ooh, those are an intriguing 7 sentences!

Angela Cothran said...

Fun answers :) I'm posting mine on Thursday. I totally tagged you too! Consider it done.

Katie Dodge said...

Ooh, thanks, Miss Leigh Covington! My mojo is always missing, so I love ideas for blog posts. :)

Hope Roberson said...

Milk? White, chocolate, or strawberry? Paisley is an awesome name :)
I loved your 7 lines! Fantastic and left me with chills!

Lynn(e) Schmidt said...

I always love when I get blog awards so I don't have to think of a post. I'm glad I'm not alone in this thought process :)

Patricia T. said...

Really liked the award where you shared the seven lines. Gave me a sense of your writing. Impressive!

Kathryn Elliott said...

A mojo thief? Not cool – that’s torches and pitchforks behavior! Alert the villagers. Congrats on the blog-tastic awards!

Trisha said...

Sorry about your stolen mojo! I hope the cops catch the thief & all the goods are returned in tact!

Well done on 2k, at least you got a fair amount done!

Kelley said...

Haha. I'm with you on the blurring days :)

Congrats on the awards!!!

Lara Schiffbauer said...

Congrats on your awards - and the excerpt was very well written, besides making me want to read on! I'm finding that a trend - I must hang on the blogs of some fabulous writers! :)

Joshua said...

That damn mojo thief is making the rounds. Took me down for 6 weeks.

Also, the name and word Paisley don't come up enough.

Tara Tyler said...

i'm late, but extra appreciative!
thank you
thank you
thank you
thank you!

Samantha said...

Paisley is the prettiest name ever!


I may or may not steal that one someday :)

Samantha said...

Paisley is the prettiest name ever!


I may or may not steal that one someday :)

eva fhadilah said...


Banned complain !! Complaining only causes life and mind become more severe. Enjoy the rhythm of the problems faced. No matter ga life, not a problem not learn, so enjoy it :)

Jamu Penambah Nafsu Makan Anak
Obat Herbal Untuk Penurun Panas
Suplemen Herbal Peninggi Badan
Suplemen Untuk Ibu Setelah Melahirkan
Jenis Suplemen Yang Baik Dikonsumsi Ibu Hamil
Suplemen Pencegah Cacat Janin
Suplemen Untuk Ibu Hamil
Suplemen Untuk Kesehatan Janin
Cara Menghilangkan Lemak Ditubuh Dengan Cepat
Suplemen Penguat Daya Ingat