Wednesday, February 8, 2012

More Voices!!!

Today is the 2nd challenge for the "I'm Hearing Voices" Character Blogfest, hosted by Cassie Cook and Angela Cothran. I will admit - this has been a wonderful blogfest so far, helping me out TONS with my characters. Thanks again ladies!

Here's today's challenge: Dialogue Introduction: Have two characters introduce each other using only dialogue—no backstory, no internalization, just dialogue between the two. Max 250 words.
 
Skye:  "Hello everyone! Thanks for having us today. I am here to introduce Cerron, leader of the Guardians."

Cerron: "And I am here to introduce Skye.... our only hope."

Skye: "Oh, please! I've told you over and over. There is nothing special about me. I will help you fight, but I'm not the key to defeating the king."

Cerron: "Obviously Skye is too modest. She doesn't see the strength that lies within her, but she will."

Skye: "Anyway... Cerron leads the Guardians. They fight against the King to free the children enslaved on the Island."

Cerron: "Skye escaped the Island."

Skye: "I didn't do it alone. Logan came with me. If it wasn't for him, I wouldn't have made it."

Cerron: "Uh-huh."

Skye: "Aside from Cerron always being on my case - thinking I'm something that I'm NOT... I've found in him someone I can trust. He is the only one besides Logan that cares about me."

Cerron: "If you trust me so much, why not believe me when I say, there is more to you than meets the eye?"

Syke: "Because I know what I am! You've only known me a few days. I am no hero. That's your job."

Cerron: "We shall see."

Skye: "And that's when I'll say, I told you so!"

Cerron: "That's your introduction to Skye. A beautiful smart ass, who doesn't believe in herself."

Skye: "Co-hosted by one of my favorite people, even if he doesn't get it."


Now be sure to check out the other awesome peeps that are participating!
1.Michael Offutt2.Kelley Lynn
3.Miranda Hardy4.Hope Roberson
5.Cutest Landing6.Kim Karras
7.Jessica McKendry8.Emily R. King
9.Ian's Realm Trilogy10.Ruth Josse
11.Jenny S. Morris12.For Science!
13.Leigh Covington14.Sara Bulla
15.Melissa Sarno16.The Ubiquitous Perspective
17.Melodie Wright18.Jenna Cooper
19.Donna Hole20.laughingwolf [aka tony hunt]
21.My Demon Spirits22.Frost Lord
23.Clarissa Draper24.Sarah Ahiers
25.Thinking The Lions26.Sherri's Graphomania
27.Kathy McKendry28.Writing with Shelly and Chad
29.Sarah Barnett30.mountainlyon
31.Aldrea Alien32.Emily L. Moir
33.Pen and Chocolate 34.Medeia Sharif
35.Gwen Tolios36.Jade Hart
37.Under the Tiki Hut38.Ainsley Shay
39.Scribble and Edit40.Stephen Tremp Breakthrough Blogs
41.Cortney Pearson42.Lisa the Word Nerd
43.Damyanti@Amlokiblogs44.Sarah McCabe- The Aspiring Sub-creator
45.In My Write Mind46.Trisha @ WORD STUFF
47.Melissa Sugar48.Tasha Seegmiller
49.Q Writers Muses50.JUSTINE DELL!
51.Jess Stork @ InkspotPlot52.Nicole Zoltack
53.Hildred Billings54.Grumpy Bulldog
55.My Different Corners56.RachelMaryBean
57.Write Here, Write Now58.Ashley Nixon
59.Kristin Dee60.Use Your Words...
61.Clare Dugmore Writes62.The Capillary
63.The Capillary64.J. A. Bennett
65.Cristina Dos Santos66.Amber
67.Hywela Lyn68.A Writer's Muses
69.Lyla Lee70.Terias McKlay
71.One DV Rebel72.Meet Matty
73.Funny Girl74.Roland Yeomans : Writing In The Crosshairs
75.Sharon Bayliss76.William Brian Johnson
77.Sari Webb78.tara tyler
79.AmyMak80.Bouquet of Books
81.Entertaining Interests82."I'm Hearing Voices" Day 2: Dialogue Introduction
83.Deana Barnhart
Submit your link:






Accepted links may take a few minutes to appear.

Get your own link widget at simply-linked.com
 

44 comments:

Miranda Hardy said...

Fun introductions. Sounds like she looks up to him.

Joanna said...

What a great idea! Quite a lot of mutual love and respect here!

Danielle B. said...

Ok, all I had to do was see Gerard, er, I mean Cerron and I was hooked. Love this!

Tara Tyler said...

excellent banterful intro!
and beautiful characters!

kmckendry said...

Love their chemistry. :)

Cristina said...

oh, I'm loving seeing pictures of your characters. I've only met Logan and Skye .. and by the way, they are both HOT... ahem.... and now there's this Cerron guy. Please send me more chapters. pleeeeease! when you're ready of course, LOL

Deana said...

Very cute! I also liked how you incorporated some of what your book is about too. It made me want to read it!

Justine Dell said...

HA. I like them both already.

OH, and I LOVE our blog! That header is soooo cute! ;-)

~JD

Cassie Mae said...

Love the dynamic between these two. Great banter, but it's all about complimenting each other, lol. Loved it!

Kelley said...

This is fantastic!! I like the pic you chose for Skye. Very cool.

And..can you send me the next chapters soon? Please???? :) haha

Michael Offutt, Tebow Cult Initiate said...

Skye is beautiful and Cerron is handsome. Wow...what a cast.

Elizabeth Seckman said...

Love it! Love how they go from introducing each other to bickering. Good job.

Jess said...

Love it! I think you did a great job with keeping the scene moving along. I like how they're both so humble to the point where they start getting a little annoyed, haha :)
Great job!

Samantha said...

Love it! Also, "Skye" is gorgeous!!

Jenny S. Morris said...

I love the name Skye. And this was such great banter. I really want to know more about the Guardians!

Kyra Lennon said...

I hope Skye ends up proving that Cerron was right about her!

Great banter between these two, really enjoyable to read!

Emily R. King said...

The flirting was a nice touch. I want to see where these two go!

RachelMaryBean said...

Nicely done! I like someone who's strong and modest. :)

L.G.Smith said...

You've got some good tension working between these two!

And Gerard. Swoon. You keep feeding me a diet of handsome men on your blog. I like. :)

Ruth Josse said...

Oh, I like these characters! She seems a little unsure of herself but he believes in her. Great dialog, too!

Stacy Henrie said...

I was totally hearing Gerard Butler's voice in my head as I read Cerron's parts. :) Great stuff!

Angela Cothran said...

Abby--I just love them :) I read on a comment thread somewhere that you have a first draft done. Now I'm pouting! When do I get to read it?

Hope Roberson said...

Cerron's words came through with an awesome accent! That is a hot picture of Gerard, I mean Cerron!
I think our stories sound very similar too :) I know I'd lover yours :)

Ashley Nixon said...

I love the names! As well as Cerron going "And I am here to introduce Skye...our only hope!"

Good job!!

Melissa Sugar said...

I really loved the chemistry and flirting between these (gorgeous) characters. I like that you used pictures to help us see your characters as you have envsioned them. The banter was right on!

J. A. Bennett said...

Cute! I love their banter!

Cortney Pearson said...

Loved this! They have great chemistry, fun banter, and I loved how they acted like they were about to host the Coolest Book Awards or something! Awesome!

Amber said...

very cute. I love the name by the way. Skye...very pretty.

Damyanti said...

Great Characterization through dialog!



A to Z Challenge April 2012

Twitter: @AprilA2Z
#atozchallenge

Carrie Butler said...

I love them already! :D

Sara said...

They have great chemistry! Really pulled me into the story

Emily Moir said...

Very intriguing. Can't wait to read more.

Nicole Zoltack said...

Love their banter and their names.

Stephen Tremp said...

Skye's sassy but I like that. Great intrigue and banter.

Susanna Leonard Hill said...

Very fun interchange. And what a challenge - you met it well! I don't think I could have done a dialogue intro that well in 250 max!

Patricia T. said...

What a productive exercise! Love this idea and what you did with your characters.

Clare said...

Interesting dynamic. I'm very curious to know more about both Skye and Cerron, and their setting. They seem to have a very close friendship.

Mark Koopmans said...

Hey,

Makes me think there's a great partnership in the making... and perhaps a romance in the future (although the infamous Logan may have something to say about *that*??? :)

Mark Koopmans said...

PS.... hey, that Irish Flag button for the "Got Green?" Blog Hop button is awesome...

Wow... whoever designed it (YOU!!!) must be very talented and giving of her (YOU:) time :)

LisaAnn said...

Love it! Also love who you chose for Cerron... Gerard Butler is yummy!

Queendheena said...

Skye's awesome, aloof but determined. Glad she escaped the island. Cerron's a little weird but he seems nice and believes in Skye.

I enjoyed and felt a part of this dialogue. It's not easy to pull readers into stories with just a quick snippet but you did it. Best dialogue and post I've read in this blogfest so far.

Definitely following and returning to see you grow.

ClaireLouise said...

Hey :) I am a new follower, I found you through Jessica Therrien's blog tour page :)
Can't wait to read more of your posts!

If you have time, please check out my blog :)

Claire
http://clairelouisereads.blogspot.com.au/

Donna Hole said...

Cool, I enjoyed both these characters. The novel plot sound intriguing.

......dhole

eva fhadilah said...


Banned complain !! Complaining only causes life and mind become more severe. Enjoy the rhythm of the problems faced. No matter ga life, not a problem not learn, so enjoy it :)

Nutrisi Untuk Kecerdasan Anak
Toko Obat Herbal Online
Suplemen Untuk Kecerdasan Anak
Obat Herbal Pengencang Payudara Tanpa Efek Samping
Suplemen Penambah Stamina Pria
Obat Herbal Penyubur Sperma
Obat Herbal Penambah Nafsu Makan
Suplemen Herbal Untuk Tulang
Cara Mengatasi Kemandulan Untuk Pria Dan Wanita
Obat Herbal Kejang-Kejang Pada Anak