Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Is It Getting HOT in Here???

Happy Valentines Day!
In case you haven't heard, Cassie Cook and Hope Roberson are hosting the "Is it Getting Hot in Here?" Blog Hop, in honor of Valentines Day!

Here's what to do: Please share one of your favorite kissing scenes from a book you've read, from your own WiP, make one up, or write about one of your own memorable kisses.

In all honesty... I've had some totally awesome kisses, but... I have only wrote one "kissy" scene and it's not quite HOT enough for such a hop. So... I'm going to share one of my favorites! This scene is from SHATTER ME by Tahereh Mafi and it had me blushing from head to toe! Love it!
My face is in his hands and my lips are at his lips and he's kissing me and I'm oxygen and he's dying to breathe. His body is almost on top of mine, one hand in my hair, the other feeling its way down my silhouette, slipping behind my knee to pull me closer, higher, tighter. He drops kisses down my throat like ecstasy, electric energy searing into me, setting me on fire. I'm on the verge of combusting from the sheer thrill of every moment. I want to dive into his being, experience him with all 5 senses, drown in the waves of wonder enveloping my existence.

I want to taste the landscape of his body.

He takes my hands and presses them against his chest, guides my fingers as they trail down the length of his torso before his lips meet mine again and again and again drugging me into a delirium. I never want to escape. But it's not enough. It's still not enough. I want to melt into him, trace the form of his figure with my lips alone. My heart is racing through my blood, destroying my self-control, spinning everything into a cyclone of intensity. He breaks for air and I pull him back, aching, desperate, dying for his touch. His hands slip up under my shirt, skirting my sides, touching me like he's never dared to before, and my top is neraly over my head when a door squeaks open. We both freeze.

I warned you it was HOT in here! Thanks Cassie and Hope for the fun blog hop! 
Now everyone hop around and check out the other awesome "kissing scenes."
1.Leigh Covington2.A.E. Martin
3.Emily R. King4.Angie Cothran
5.Kelley Lynn6.Jenny S. Morris
7.WRITING IN THE CROSSHAIRS8.Laura @ Daily Dodo
9.Trisha @ WORD STUFF10.dreamwritepublish
11.Cortney Pearson12.ali cross
13.Motivation for Creation14.Jenna Cooper
15.Jenny @ Castles in the Sky16.An Author's Ramblings
17.PK HREZO18.Thardrandian Thoughts
19.Carrie-Anne20.Marta Szemik
21.Charity Bradford22.Bonnie Rae, Just Words
23.Wendy S. Russo24.David Powers King
25.Krista McLaughlin26.BragonDorns Asylum
27.Vive le Nerd28.Tara Tyler
29.J. A. Bennett30.Jennee Thompson
31.Cutest Landing32.A.J. Mullarky
33.Jolene Perry34.Julie Dorris
35.A Writer's Journey36.Melissa Sugar
37.Susan Oloier38.Unyielding
39.epitome40.Brinda Berry Blogs
41.Tracy Bermeo (A2ZMommy)42.Lisa L. Regan
43.Write Here, Write Now44.Lori M Lee
45.Stina Lindenblatt46.Clare Dugmore Writes
47.Shell Flower48.Julie Tuovi
49.Jack Flacco50.Stephanie Diaz
51.Angela Quarles52.Through the Looking Glass
53.Crystal Licata54.Morgan Shamy
55.Angela M @ Jaded Love Junkie56.The Capillary
57.Kelley Vitollo58.Nancy S. Thompson
59.Ashley Nixon60.Lynn Kelley: Random Acts of Weirdness
61.Tales from the Rh?n62.Signage
63.Rachel Morgan64.Cara M @ CP Slayer
65.Kiru Taye Writes66.Larissa's World
67.Loralie Hall68.Elizabeth Prats :)
69.Theresa Paolo70.Love in Flight by Glo
71.The Submission Process
Submit your link:






Accepted links may take a few minutes to appear.

Get your own link widget at simply-linked.com

48 comments:

Kyra Lennon said...

Wow. Somebody needs to get me some water! That is an amazing scene!

S.P. Bowers said...

I really enjoyed that book. She is a great writer.

Juliana said...

Steamy! And oh, God, way to end this teaser!

Trisha said...

Yeah, I haven't read this book yet but umm, it's just climbed up my TBR list REALLY fast. hehe

Joanna said...

That was hot! But I don't know if I can cope with reading 71 hot kissing scenes.

Kelley said...

Ah! I loved Shatter Me! Such great writing.

Dawn Ius said...

Great scene from a brilliant book. She's a fabulous writer.

Deana said...

Oh see...you can't stop there! Great scene:)

Cassie Mae said...

Ah! Always interrupted. Boo! ;)

Theresa said...

I really need to read this book! Awesome scene. Happy Valentine's Day!

Tracy Bermeo (A2ZMommy) said...

That was delicious! "The landscape of his body..." Love it!

Kiru Taye said...

Certainly hot. lol

Jasmine Walt said...

Wow, it IS hot in here! Great scene!

Chantele Sedgwick said...

LOVE that scene!!

Ruth Josse said...

Oh my. Oh my goodness. That was intense. I need read that book!

LynNerdKelley said...

Wow, what an intense kissing scene! I love it!

Michael Offutt, Tebow Cult Initiate said...

Sizzle and pop. Score for Tahereh.

Clare said...

Great scene. Thanks for sharing.

Laura said...

shower. cold. now! nice to meet you!
Lx

Hope Roberson said...

Oh wowza! I loved this book! And reading that scene again makes me want to read it all over again! Thanks for reminding me how awesome Shatter Me was :) Happy Valentine's day Leigh!!

Cortney Pearson said...

YEOW! Steamy, melty stuff! That book has been on my TBR list for a while. *moves it to the top of the list*

David P. King said...

That's the book I bought for J.A. I can see now why it's such a hot ticket. Thanks for the excerpt! :)

Angela Cothran said...

Aww SNAP! Why doesn't my library have this book! LOVED IT!

Emily R. King said...

Damn that door! It was about to get HOT up in here.

A.E. Martin said...

Hot! This is a TBR book for me can't wait to get to it

Angela M. said...

Oh, what terrible timing! I hate it when that happens. Tahereh is so talented. Lots of sensation in this scene. Great pick for the hop!

Nancy Thompson said...

Just read that book last week. Pretty darn hot! After like 20 tries with Blogger blocking my every attempt, I am finally a follower!

Jenny S. Morris said...

What I love about these 2 is she can't touch anyone else. She longs for interaction with another human and that's what these scenes so awesome!

i'm erin. said...

Agreed about this scene! I think when I first read this book, I slowed down and read this scene multiple times. I love it. There's so much emotion in it.

L.G.Smith said...

Whoa. I don't think I've ever been kissed like that before. Damn.

Also, I believe that excerpt just melted the inner components of my computer. Yes, it's hot in here. :)

Ashley Nixon said...

Man. I'm having trouble breathing because all I can do is hold my breath while reading everyone's posts. Great job!!

Melanie Fowler said...

So I tagged you on my blog. Have fun!

Loralie Hall said...

Oh wow. Amazing choice for this. So hot!

Larissa said...

Ooh! I haven't read this one yet, but that was hot! Thanks!

Samantha said...

It...just got a little warm in here.

Amy Jarecki said...

Ha! This is so much fun! I wish I had known about it earlier in the day!

The Capillary said...

That was pretty steamy!

Crystal Licata said...

One of my favorite scenes! Shatter Me was simply amazing :)

Adrianne Russell said...

"I'm oxygen and he's dying to breathe."

Love, love, love!

Jade Hart said...

I'm in love with the line 'to taste the landscape of his body' wicked cool - great post Leigh!

Tara Tyler said...

my, my! *fans self*
thx! i have that on my tbr list and it just moved up!

J. A. Bennett said...

I just got that book, and now I can't wait to read it!

Marta Szemik said...

That's a great pick, and oh yes, it's hot!

Susan Oloier said...

I've not read that book, but now I think I may have to :-)

Stina Lindenblatt said...

I loved this scene when I read the book, and I still love it!!!!

Katie Dodge said...

Oh My Gravy!! That was some hotsie totsie stuff! Can't wait to read the whole book!!!

Lisa L. Regan said...

Holy intense! Great choice!

eva fhadilah said...

Banned complain !! Complaining only causes life and mind become more severe. Enjoy the rhythm of the problems faced. No matter ga life, not a problem not learn, so enjoy it :)

Suplemen Pelangsing Herbal
Suplemen Peremajaan Kulit
Obat Herbal Penyakit Gastritis
Obat Herbal Patah Tulang
Jenis Suplemen Yang Baik Dikonsumsi Ibu Hamil
Suplemen Kesehatan Tulang
Obat Tradisional Penurun Kolesterol
Suplemen Penurun Kolesterol Dalam Darah
Suplemen Penurun Kolesterol Tinggi
Green World Blueberry Concentrate