Thursday, January 26, 2012

One Tough Chick...

I almost missed out on Mark Koopman's, "Follow Your Dreams," Bloghop! What a wonderful way to be inspired, and I appreciate Mark for doing this. The person who has inspired me is only 5 years old. Here is her story:


McKall is One Tough Chick
McKall is my neighbor!

McKall was diagnosed with Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia (ALL), in May of 2010. She was only 3 ½ years old. I cannot put into words what this amazing little girl or her family have been through. In the beginning she spent a LOT of time in the hospital getting treatments, blood transfusions, back pokes --- you name it! McKall had a beautiful head of thick, curly hair, and when it started to fall out, it couldn’t have been easy. Her family put a positive spin on it by having her shave her head with her daddy. She looked as cute as ever!

In truth, we can’t fully know or appreciate what people like her go through unless we experience it ourselves. It isn’t something I wish for anyone to experience. But no matter what, McKall has remained happy and positive throughout everything. Because of this, she has been an inspiration to me and everyone around her. She is still doing chemo treatments, but her counts have been good recently and she is currently “Cancer Free!” She truly is one tough chick!

I don't want to put a picture of McKall without her mom's permission, but there are so many people who fight cancer every day. I consider this a tribute to all of them. Some we lose and some we don't. McKall is the same age as one of my daughters  and I don't think I could handle all that McKall and her family have been through.  

I hope you guys will check out the other inspiring stories of amazing people. It could be YOU or it could be the little girl next store!

12 comments:

Jennifer Lee Young said...

Mckall sounds like a tough little chick, like you said. She an ispiration to all around her and all that are fighting with her. God bless and thanks for sharing Leigh

Mark Koopmans said...

Leigh,

Thanks for entering - and promoting - my inspirations contest, but most of all, thanks for sharing McKall's story.

God bless her and the family.

Donna K. Weaver said...

What a sweet tribute.

Jade Hart said...

Oh, that is extremely inspiring. My mum sort of inspired me. She had breast cancer and had the whole operation and radiation thing. Then 5 years later it went onto her spine and breastbone. She was told it wasn't curable and she had about a year to live. She ignored the docoters and turned to natural medicine and mediation. She cured herself within the year and to this day the doctors can't find any cancer and swear they must have mis-diagonsed her condition. Crazy the power of the mind :)

Patricia T. said...

Very inspiring story Leigh! I'm happy she's cancer free -- what a remarkable little girl.

Jade thank you for sharing your story about your mum. I do believe it's possible. Call it her positive outlook, natural medicine, miracle, it doesn't matter. I find the doctors comments amusing!

Sarah Pearson said...

I'm so glad to hear McCkall is currently in remission. She sounds like a wonderful little girl.

JennaQuentin said...

There are stories and characters that you just couldn't believe...except that they are real, from life. Thanks for sharing! Our prayers are with her!

Cristina said...

what an amazing little girl. I have a friend with an 8 y.o. little girl going through something similar. It's heartbreaking, but amazing to see how brave children are. So much braver than most adults.!!!

Leigh Covington said...

Thanks for all your wonderful comments and thank you Jade for sharing that miraculous story! It really is true how that stuff can work. Absolutely amazing!

Katie Dodge said...

I can't even imagine how hard that would be. Thanks for sharing her story with us.

Kelley said...

Wow. What a tough chic. I know it was tough going through it with my cousin. I can only imagine how it must be for someone even younger.

What a great tribute Leigh! Such a great person you are!

eva fhadilah said...

Banned complain !! Complaining only causes life and mind become more severe. Enjoy the rhythm of the problems faced. No matter ga life, not a problem not learn, so enjoy it :)

Obat Pelangsing Tanpa Ketergantungan
Suplemen Penurun Berat Badan Tanpa Efek Samping
Obat Herbal Penurun Kolesterol
Obat Alami Sesak Nafas
Penyebab Kemandulan dan Cara Mengatasinya
Obat Pelancar Peredaran Darah
Cara Mengobati Impoten
Cream Jerawat Herbal Alami
Obat Herbal Paling Ampuh Untuk Atasi Kemandulan