Friday, January 27, 2012

Come Meet Punxsutawney Phyllis by Susanna Leonard Hill

Have I got a treat for YOU! Yes, YOU! Punxsutawney Phyllis is with us today! She is an amazingly, spunky little character that you are sure to fall in love with. She has TWO books, but today we're going to talk about one of them... PUNXSUTAWNEY PHYLLIS

Here is the blurb from Amazon:
Phyllis can't convince Uncle Phil to get out of bed to make his prediction on Groundhog Day. When Uncle Phil realizes he has missed all the signs of an early spring, he knows it's time to retire and pass on the title of Punxsutawney Phil. Only this time, it's Punxsutawney Phyllis!

MY OPINION:
Loved it! Phyllis is so much fun! I bought this for my daughter for Christmas and she loves it! Phyllis is willing to get things done and doesn't have to go with the norm. One of my favorite character traits! Your kids are sure to love Phyllis. I'm getting "April Fool, Phyllis" for them for April Fools Day! Perfect timing, right? I can't get enough of this fun character and I hope Susanna has more adventures for her in the future.

Would you like to hear from Phyllis, herself? I thought you would. Here we go!

1. Is Groundhogs Day your favorite holiday, or do you perhaps like another holiday better?
Yes, Groundhog Day is my favorite!  My birthday (February 3) and April Fools Day are fun too, but nothing beats the day I get to tell everyone whether there will be six more weeks of winter or an early spring.  I always hope for early spring, but it doesn't happen very often!

2. Don't you think we should do more to celebrate Groundhogs Day? What do you think the celebration should consist of?
Groundhog Day should be a National Holiday so that there's no school.  We should have a parade with sledding and hot chocolate afterwards.  Maybe I should also be president for that day... or Queen!

3. What does your Uncle Phil do, now that he doesn't have to wake so early every February 2nd?
He sleeps a LOT!  I don't know how anyone can sleep that much!  He also does a lot of sudoku puzzles, which are fun for a while, but really, he should get out more!

4. Tell us something special about yourself that we might not know yet.
I am an exceptional singer.  Really.  You should hear me.  I have two songs about Groundhog Day that I made up myself, and when I sing them, the kids look amazed.  Sometimes they laugh (I'm pretty sure it's with joy.)  If I wasn't already pretty busy being in charge of weather prediction, I could be an opera singer or any kind of singer, really!  Maybe Broadway might need a singing Groundhog.  I could star in my own musical - Punxsutawney Phyllis!  Hey!  That's a great idea!  Do you know any Broadway producers who could get that going?  Will you come to opening night?

Ah! Don't you just love Phyllis! She's wonderful, right? I certainly think so.
If you would like to win an hard-cover, autographed copy of PUNXSUTAWNEY PHYLLIS by Susanna Leonard Hill, then use the rafflecopter form below. The winner will be announced on February 2nd - YES, GROUNDHOGS DAY!!!

a Rafflecopter giveaway


Also... Phyllis has even MORE fun things to offer! (I told you she was amazing!)
COLORING PAGES: Phyllis - Uncle Phil
PAPER DOLLS: Phyllis - Uncle Phil
AND MORE things like Madlibs, Word Scrambles & Crisscross Puzzles! Find them by clicking HERE.

Find PUNXSUTAWNEY PHYLLIS on Amazon!

I love that all these fun activities are available to go with the book and to use in a classroom! Susanna is truly an amazing author and Phyllis is one of my favorite characters. Thanks for sharing her with us Susanna!


Now everybody cross your fingers that Phyllis predicts and early spring!

32 comments:

Ruth Josse said...

Ha! Love it. Sounds like really fun book. Thanks for introducing us to Phyllis and Susanna!

Susanna Leonard Hill said...

Thank you so much for having me and Phyllis over to your awesome blog today, Leigh! I hope lots of people will fill out your form! And Phyllis hopes everyone noticed how beautiful she looks in her tiara :)

L.G.Smith said...

Adorable. Wish I still had little kids to share it with.

clarbojahn said...

LOOOVe it! Thanks for a great interview! Love your game, too. Hope I win.
Now we're twitter friends. :)

Tracy Bermeo (A2ZMommy) said...

Leigh, I love this interview with Phyllis! She sounds like a fabulous character and I'd love to hear her sing. If only I knew a Broadway producer.....

bildebok said...

I want Phyllis to sing on YouTube so we can all enjoy it!

I would share the book with my two children who are always hearing me say "Well, on Susanna's blog today I read that ........

Plus my daughter gets REALLY excited about autographed books, because 'writers wrock!'

Tara Tyler said...

fun interview!
i hope phyllis doesnt see her shadow. high prob of that. but we havent had much winter here...
have a great wknd!

bildebok said...

Sorry Leigh...wordpress deleted my vital stats from the post but please know that

bildebok = Cathy Mealey !

Donna K. Weaver said...

What a cute little story--and a fun interview.

Michael Offutt, Tebow Cult Initiate said...

I don't think I could share in the enthusiasm for a day named after a large rodent. And to boot...you always get nothing but bad news. No matter what the groundhog sees, winter continues. It's just a matter of whether it will be a long one or a short one. But the fact of that matter is...it's still awfully cold outside at the end of the day.

Coleen Patrick said...

Fun interview!
One of my nephews would love this book :)

Julie Hedlund said...

I already adored Phyllis, but now I love her even more! We have a copy, but if I got a signed one from Susanna I'd donate our copy to a school library in the area.

Beth Stilborn said...

I just love Susanna's writing, and Phyllis is such a cool groundhog! Just a word to Phyllis -- when I was a kid, and your Uncle Phil was still on the job, I never understood why people got so sad about having six more weeks of winter, because where I live, that's an early spring! ;)

(I haven't entered the draw, because I already have an autographed copy of one of Susanna's other books, so I think someone else should have a chance.)

Joanna said...

Super fun. Love Phyllis! Would so love to hear her sing!

Marcie Colleen said...

OK, Phyllis! I have a poposition for you! Come on over to guest on my blog on Groundhog's Day and we can put up a sound clip/video of you singing one of those songs! Wouldn't that be fun? I live in NYC...never know...the Great White Way might call you! :)

Peggy Eddleman said...

Love it! I want it for my kiddos!

Corey Schwartz said...

I would love to have this book for my kids. We already own Cant' Sleep Without Sheep, another great PB by Susanna!

Hope Roberson said...

Great interview and I love Groundhog's day too! It doesn't get enough PR :) My fingers are crossed for an early spring!

Patricia T. said...

Very creative and clever interview with Phyllis! I have to say I'd like to hear her sing. Leigh, this was a very fun interview!

Stacy S. Jensen said...

I would love to hear the song. Is it on the YouTube channel? Hint Hint. :) I'm sure the laughter is pure joy.

Sophia Chang said...

Awww! Growing up in NY, I always looked forward to Phil's prediction...although he always saw his shadow for some reason lol.

Mark Koopmans said...

What a cool interview, and I checked out Susanna's Blog, too... wow! Lots of cool stuff... thanks Leigh for giving us, as always, another great post:)

PS...when the time comes, I have a feeling you won't be getting (m)any rejections,you are too good of a writer... so *no* sighing allowed :)

Melissa Sugar said...

What a cute book. I wish my kids were still young enough, but if I happen to win it I will donate it. I entered to win. Thanks for the great interview.

Susanna Leonard Hill said...

I usually try to keep up with everyone's comments, but today I've been having computer trouble and couldn't manage, so forgive me if I say a collective, rather than individual, thank you to everyone who took the time to read about Phyllis! Thank you all so much for coming by and entering Leigh's raffle! As for Phyllis singing on YouTube, she was instantly enthusiastic about the prospect and is certain between that and a guest appearance on Marcie's blog near NYC she is assured of a place on Broadway in the near future :) Fitting it into our busy schedule may be a little more challenging, but she is glad so many seem to recognize her inborn talent :)

Lara Schiffbauer said...

Even if I don't win, I am going to have to buy those books. They look so cute and I'm sure my kids would love them! Also, I was given a new blog award this week and would love to share it with you. Please stop over to collect! :)

RachelMaryBean said...

This sounds so cute! My kids would love this. :)

Hope Roberson said...

I left you an award on my blog :)

Trisha said...

This sounds like a very cute story!

designofthepicturebook.com said...

Fun fun fun fun. LOVING your new blog. It's BEAUTIFUL! Like you!
--Carter

Renae W. Mackley said...

My grandkids would love to have me read this story to them. Thanks for the contest.

Jenny Sulpizio said...

This book looks FABULOUS! Susanna rocks and I can't wait to get my hands on this!

eva fhadilah said...


Banned complain !! Complaining only causes life and mind become more severe. Enjoy the rhythm of the problems faced. No matter ga life, not a problem not learn, so enjoy it :)

Nutrisi Untuk Kecerdasan Anak
Toko Obat Herbal Online
Suplemen Untuk Kecerdasan Anak
Obat Herbal Pengencang Payudara Tanpa Efek Samping
Suplemen Penambah Stamina Pria
Obat Herbal Penyubur Sperma
Obat Herbal Penambah Nafsu Makan
Suplemen Herbal Untuk Tulang
Cara Mengatasi Kemandulan Untuk Pria Dan Wanita
Obat Herbal Kejang-Kejang Pada Anak