Monday, January 9, 2012

City of Bones, by Cassandra Clare

So... it seems like for.ev.er ago I won CITY OF FALLEN ANGELS from Cristina. (Pretty sure it was Cristina - wouldn't surprise me if I'm wrong.) Anyway... the point is that I won it! And I've been DYING to read it, but how could I start with that book? Obviously I couldn't. So, while in B&N I picked up CITY OF BONES (first one in the Mortal Instruments Series.) I could only pick up the first one, in case I hated them. Did I hate them???
Heck NO!
I LOVED THAT BOOK! LOVED IT! So now I am going to buy the rest, finish the series and eventually start on the CLOCKWORK PRINCE!

I love it when an author can surprise me with something that I never saw coming. That is a total PLUS in my book! +++ And Clare does that! I really can't wait to move through this series.

BLURB FROM GOODREADS:
When fifteen-year-old Clary Fray heads out to the Pandemonium Club in New York City, she hardly expects to witness a murder -- much less a murder committed by three teenagers covered with strange tattoos and brandishing bizarre weapons. Then the body disappears into thin air. It's hard to call the police when the murderers are invisible to everyone else and when there is nothing -- not even a smear of blood -- to show that a boy has died. Or was he a boy?

This is Clary's first meeting with the Shadowhunters, warriors dedicated to ridding the earth of demons. It's also her first encounter with Jace, a Shadowhunter who looks a little like an angel and acts a lot like a jerk. Within twenty-four hours Clary is pulled into Jace's world with a vengeance, when her mother disappears and Clary herself is attacked by a demon. But why would demons be interested in ordinary mundanes like Clary and her mother? And how did Clary suddenly get the Sight? The Shadowhunters would like to know. . . .

Exotic and gritty, exhilarating and utterly gripping, Cassandra Clare's ferociously entertaining fantasy takes readers on a wild ride that they will never want to end.

CASSANDRA CLARE WEBSITE
FIND IT ON AMAZON
FIND IT ON GOODREADS

Also, you will be happy to know that CITY OF LOST SOULS comes out May 8, 2012! *happy dance*

Have you read the Mortal Instrument Series? Did you enjoy it as much as I am enjoying it so far?

Photobucket

21 comments:

Ruth Josse said...

No, I haven't. But maybe I should!

Leigh Covington said...

You totally should Ruth! :)

Kelley said...

I haven't but I've heard good things and you did a great job reviewing it so I guess I'll have to pick it up!

Cassie Mae said...

In my TBR pile... along with lots of other stuff, lol. But it goes back to the library in a week, so I better get on it :)

Kristin Baker Przybyla said...

I haven't read them yet, but the eye candy on the cover has caught my attention at the bookstore more than once! I'm such a dirty old lady...

Samantha said...

1. Lol at Kristin ^

2. I haven't read them, but they look really good! *Adds them to my tbr pile*

S.P. Bowers said...

I've read the first three and my experience wasn't quite the same as yours but I'm glad you liked them.

Katie Dodge said...

I liked them, but there was one thing that creeped me out the whole time. Maybe you know what I'm talking about... We should discuss. :)

Cortney Pearson said...

I've read them (as you know, ha ha). I was so mad after the first one that I threw it against the wall! I felt so gypped! But I'm glad I gave the series a chance because it just keeps getting better. I'm so excited to know that Lost Souls comes out this year!!! And I'm excited for you to read the Clockwork Angel series next! :)

David P. King said...

I've seen this book everywhere. Now that this has your endorsement, add another to the reading list. I doubt I'll catch up to it soon, but I'll try. :)

Misha Gericke said...

I'm still dying to read this series.

Thanks so much for following my blog. :-)

Emily R. King said...

Great review! I'm looking forward to reading this one. I know it'll be an exciting read.

Jolene Perry said...

These are in my TBR pile, and I KNOW I'll love them once I get started, but right now . . .
just okay.

Patricia T. said...

Loved your review. I thought it sounded like a good read until I read some of the other comments. How creepy is it? Scares one out of their wits creepy? LOL

Chantele Sedgwick said...

I'm with Katie. Loved them, but something creeped me out... :)

Kristin Baker Przybyla said...

This little exchange just happened:

Me: (pointing at my laptop screen) "Look at that. Look at that. Look at that..."
Lia: (wandering over) "Is it sexy?"
Me: "Look at that."
Lia: (in a dreamy voice) "The words are in the way..."

Peggy Eddleman said...

I've only read the first one, and sadly, I can't say I loved it. I hear so many great things about this series so often, I'm starting to wonder what's wrong with me!

Jessie Humphries said...

I started to read it, and couldn't get past the first few chapters. I was put off by the idea of a teenager club with no drinking. Does this kind of place exist? Not where I come from...and I come from Vegas. Idk.

Cristina said...

I liked the series... but I have to tell you that the Clockwork series is sooooo much better, LOL

Marlene Detierro said...

I'm really looking forward to this one :) I feel like I'm really really going to enjoy it!!! Great review, I can't wait to get my hands on it now :D

Marlene Detierro (Local Search Engine Optimization Indianapolis)

eva fhadilah said...


Banned complain !! Complaining only causes life and mind become more severe. Enjoy the rhythm of the problems faced. No matter ga life, not a problem not learn, so enjoy it :)

Mengobati Alami Nyeri Sendi
Krim Jerawat Terbaik
Obat Alami Sakit Maag Kronis
Obat Sakit Tenggorokan Berkepanjangan
Obat Membersihkan Rahim Kotor Tanpa Kuret
Cara Mengatasi Gigi Berlubang
Obat Herbal Katup Jantung Bermasalah
Obat Herbal Untuk Penyakit Kanker Serviks
Cara Mencegah Penyempitan Pembuluh Darah Jantung
Obat Alami Radang Usus Besar