Friday, January 6, 2012

Blog Fest & Award!!!

I want to take a minute to thank the extraordinary, David Powers King, for this award! It totally made my day! If you aren't already stalking his remarkable blog, then I would highly recommend you do so. Apparently... I need to pass this on to my top 20 commentators, so here it goes!
Also, if you haven't heard... Cassie and Angie are have a HUGE and rather SPECTACULAR Blogfest coming up!
Here is some of the info...
The Posts:
February 6th - MondayCharacters on the couch: Have one of your characters answer the following questions (to make this work to your benefit, choose a character who is the hardest for you to write :) Max 250 words (Not including the questions—only the answers). 
  1. What is your biggest vulnerability? Do others know this or is it a secret?
  2. What do people believe about you that is false?
  3. What would your best friend say is your fatal flaw? Why?
  4. What would the same friend say is your one redeeming quality? Why?
  5. What do you want most? What will you do to get it? 
February 8th - Wednesday - Dialogue Introduction: Have two characters introduce each other using only dialogue—no backstory, no internalization, just dialogue between the two. Max 250 words.
February 10th - Friday - Emotion Flash Fiction: Emotion is the engine of a story. Pick an emotion and in a flash fiction piece of 250 words MAKE us feel it! We want to connect with your character. This will be a challenge in 250 words.

You'll have to pop over HERE or HERE in order to see what fantastic prizes they have in store... and believe me... they prizes are FAN.TAS.TIC! 


So... do you have anything fun planned for the weekend? I promise to have some spectacular posts for you coming up for you next week. Muahahahaha!

Photobucket

19 comments:

Chantele Sedgwick said...

Congrats on the award! :D And ... you know what I have next week! ;)

Kelley said...

Congrats Leigh!!! And thank you SO MUCH for the award!!!

Cassie Mae said...

Yipee! Thanks a ton for the award and for passing along the word on the blogfest!

Happy Dance Time!

*Does an embarrassing sprinkler at computer*

I really did dance BTW :)

Cassie Mae said...

Yipee! Thanks a ton for the award and for passing along the word on the blogfest!

Happy Dance Time!

*Does an embarrassing sprinkler at computer*

I really did dance BTW :)

Cassie Mae said...

Ack! Stupid blogger keeps posting things twice! So if my last comment shows up twice, sorry! Maybe that's why I got the award, huh? Lol.

Emily R. King said...

Thanks for the award! I really look forward to the blogfest. It's gonna be great!

Jenny S. Morris said...

*Slaps forehead* I forgot to pass mine from David along. Well I will do it for both of you guys on Monday.

Thanks!! You are awesome!!

Donna K. Weaver said...

Thanks! I received it last week from Nancy Thompson. I guess I'll have to double the number of people I pass it on to.

Emily R. King said...

Hey, I was looking for an e-mail addy, but can't find one for you. I was wondering if you'd like to be a Blogging Mentor. If you're interested, e-mail me at erittelking at gmail dot com. I hope you say yes!

Michael Offutt, Visitor from the Future said...

Awww thank you for the award. I can never get enough of these...

Lillie McFerrin said...

Congrats on the award! And, yay for a new blogfest!! Always fun :)

Stacy S. Jensen said...

Congrats on the award. And, looks a fun blog fest too.

Tara Tyler said...

i am honored {=0
sorry to hear you're shutting down the abby blog! but i know how it is!
and thanks for the news of the blogfest! sounds like it will be character building (hee hee)

Kristin Baker Przybyla said...

Oh poop. Poop X 2. Because I used to be a big commenter on your blog, but I've been slacking in that area lately. And poop #2, that's a super fun blogfest, but I'm going to have to cut back on blogfests for a little while because I have a secret project going on that's going to take a bit of time over the next couple of months! :) But I will be following your contributions to the fest!

David P. King said...

You're very welcome, Leigh. And thanks for the Shout-Out. Much appreciated.

My weekend is almost over. Maybe some Cocoa and Legos with my boy to top it off. :)

Sarah Pearson said...

Aww, thanks for the award Leigh :-)

Small Town Shelly Brown said...

Alright I read this the day you posted it and tried to comment but my phone was being difficult. It's ironic not to comment on a post where you win a commenting award ;)
thanks for the shout out. I really enjoy reading your blog.

Jade said...

Congrats on the award. I can't wait to see what gets posted on this bloghop in feb. I have some indepth interviewing to do with my characters :)
look forward to following you!

eva fhadilah said...

Banned complain !! Complaining only causes life and mind become more severe. Enjoy the rhythm of the problems faced. No matter ga life, not a problem not learn, so enjoy it :)

Mengobati Alami Nyeri Sendi
Krim Jerawat Terbaik
Obat Alami Sakit Maag Kronis
Obat Sakit Tenggorokan Berkepanjangan
Obat Membersihkan Rahim Kotor Tanpa Kuret
Cara Mengatasi Gigi Berlubang
Obat Herbal Katup Jantung Bermasalah
Obat Herbal Untuk Penyakit Kanker Serviks
Cara Mencegah Penyempitan Pembuluh Darah Jantung
Obat Alami Radang Usus Besar