Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Award Pass-Along!

Hello Friends!
I have been overwhelmed by your love and support with awards lately! It is seriously awesome and I wanted to take a moment to pass them along! First... I want to thank Mark Koopmans and Tara Tyler for giving me the "Great Comments Award!"  You guys are awesome! Thank you so much!

I have also been awarded the Versatile Blogger Award, and would like to thank Samantha, Rod Tyson, Angie Cothran, Sara Bulla & Kelley Gerschke for awarding me with this! You guys ROCK! Thank you so much! And Kelley also gave me the Kreative Blogger Award! Thanks again Kelley!

The rules for these are: Now the rules for getting and passing these awards on are quite similar. For the Kreativ one I'm supposed to share ten things about myself and pass it on to six bloggers.

For the Versatile one I'm supposed to share seven things about myself and pass it on to fifteen bloggers.

I am going to pull a "Kelley" and mix it up a little bit.

About me:
  1. I hate the cold. Really truly hate it. Fall is the perfect season.
  2. I love being a "soccer mom." SOCCER RULES!
  3. Patience is not a virtue that I possess.
  4. I HATE to run. I am so jealous of people who are runners. If there isn't a soccer ball or basketball in front of me, I just can't do it. 
  5. That being said... "I want to be a runner!" I've got to figure out how to get myself started.
  6. Ever since I got married and had kids, I haven't been able to watch scary movies. I love scary stuff, but I can't watch them anymore. One scary movie I really want to see is "Paranormal." I probably never will. I'm a wimp.
  7. I used to be able to draw! Seriously... I wasn't that bad. Now I wish I would have practiced more. My attempts at artwork are pathetic.
  8. Starbucks is my nemesis. I love that place.
  9. I am a serious insomniac! It's terrible. I am the type of person who "needs their sleep" so I usually have to take something to help me sleep at night. It's pathetic. I've tried holistic stuff too. Sometimes it works, sometimes I need something stronger. *sigh* It's a curse!
NOW... I've already passed on the Great Commenter Award HERE... so I will pass on the other two. If I list your name, help yourself to an award or two! You guys are awesome and I want to share the love! I'm going to try to pass it on to some people I haven't sent awards to yet, so here it goes:

Michael Offutt
Maggie Fechner
Hope Roberson
Jenny Sulpizio
Kristin Przybyla
Iain
Samantha
J.A. Bennett
Cortney Pearson
Trevor Green
Twenty Something Fiction Writer
Krista
Prerna Pickett

I wish I could go through and list all of you guys, but that may take me forever, since there are so many amazing bloggers and writers out there. Thanks again to those who passed on these awards to me.

26 comments:

inluvwithwords said...

Congratulations on all of the awards, Leigh! I hate the cold, don't run, can't watch scary movies, and have trouble sleeping as well. Ahhh, we can always find things we share in common with these lists. Fun, fun ;)

Talli Roland said...

Congrats, Leigh, and to those you've passed it on to! I hate the cold, too.

Kelley said...

Yay Leigh!!

I am a 'runner' only a few times a year though. :) My advice for becoming a runner...run/walk. I find that I can't 'lose myself' in running like so many others can, but I can lose myself when walking so I do a combination of the two.

Jeff Galloway has a whole bunch of different training schedules and believes in the run/walk method: http://www.jeffgalloway.com/

Also, sign up for events (5Ks, 10Ks, Half Marathons). Since you're a sport nut (like me :)) you'll thrive on the event more than the actual act of running. Plus, you'll be helping charities because that's who usually runs the events :)

Tara Tyler said...

you're so popular! must be the chocolate in your pockets =)
congrats, sweetie!

Sarah Pearson said...

Congratulations on your award. I'd love to be a runner too. If I didn't actually have to, you know, run.

Theresa said...

Congrats on all your awards!

I love Fall. It is my favorite season. I like the cold of winter for the first week or two then I can't wait for the warmer weather.

Ruth Josse said...

So great to learn more about you! I loathe the cold as well. And I love being a soccer mom too. I've never played but my husband used to coach for the high school and my kids are great players. So fun to watch!

Melanie Fowler said...

You need to start doing Yoga for your insomnia.

THanks for the award!

Cassie Mae said...

I got mad skills when it comes to drawing stick figures. :)

And you need to chat with me in the middle of the night when you can't sleep. I always talk to my buddy in New Zealand because she's the only one awake when I'm zombie writing at 2 in the morning. :)

Samantha said...

Ah thanks! I LOVE running. I used to not like it either but it became really addicting after a while. Also, your blog header is seriously the cutest thing ever!

Angela Cothran said...

Love the new layout! I'm an insomniac too. My peak time is at 10 pm when everyone is sleeping.

prerna pickett said...

thanks for the award! So very sweet! And I also hate running, but I've make myself do it every day, anyway. It takes time...and it does get a little easier.

Hope Roberson said...

Thank you Leigh! I'm going to snag the Versatile Blogger Award :)

Every one of the things you listed, I was like "Me Too!" I used to ski, but I don't anymore cause I get cold. I don't have patience, but tell my kids to have it all the time :) I run (about 3 miles and only in the spring and summer and only twice a week if I'm lucky) to keep in shape for soccer :) I need to be chasing something for running to be fun! I can't watch fighting scenes anymore after having kids (what's with that?). I can't draw, I paint :) If I could have a Starbucks IV, I'd be set. And if I don't sleep, the world is in trouble!

Wow, that was long!

Congrats on the awards and I'm so happy to have found your blog :)

Maggie said...

Aww, thanks Leigh!!!

The Writing Hour. said...

Congrats on the awards! I hate the cold too. So, so much.

Emily R. King said...

Look at you and all your awards. Congrats!

Tasha Seegmiller said...

Okay, I'm a little behind in the land of blogging, but seriously? Yours looks so stinkin' cute! Holy cow, where have I been?!? Love it.

Iain said...

Thank you! I'm going to have to make up, erm, I mean think up some things about me now.

Nicki Elson said...

Congratulations on the awards. :) Yeah, the cold. The mild winter was just teasing us around here...I don't think we're even in double digits right now. Ah well, we've still got HOT coffee at Starbucks!

Jenny Sulpizio said...

You rock, Leigh and thanks so much for the award, AND congrats on yours!

I am so with you on #6! I used to love scary movies and since I had kids, I just can't do them anymore. I am tempted to see the new one with Daniel Radcliffe..."The Woman in Black." We shall see though.

As for running, I USED to love it. Now I find that I just can't get back into it...maybe one day soon. I would love to run a 1/2 marathon before the big 4-0 rears it's head.

Thanks again!!!

Mark Koopmans said...

Hey Leigh,

*Thanks* for the shout out... you Rock like a Flintstone:)

PS... I **AGREE** with Kelley...I've done 9.5 marathons using the Galloway method (Run/Walk) and it's sooo awesome... also checkout TNT if you want a running charity... Da Bomb :)

Cheers :)

Susanna Leonard Hill said...

Congrats on all the awards, Leigh! You deserve them :) I hate the cold, too, and I also wish I found running easier than I do. I'm a very sporadic runner.... I like horseback riding, but alas, can't afford it :)

Leslie Rose said...

You are awardified. Cool. I love to sketch. Sometimes it gets me through a writers clog.

Kristin Baker Przybyla said...

Bwahaha, hehehe, you silly. Look what you did to my name! Oh well, it's not as if it's Smith or anything super easy. ;) Thanks for the awards!

Kristin Baker Przybyla said...

Now you've fixed it and I look like the silly one! Tee hee hee hee hee

eva fhadilah said...


Banned complain !! Complaining only causes life and mind become more severe. Enjoy the rhythm of the problems faced. No matter ga life, not a problem not learn, so enjoy it :)

Obat Pelangsing Tanpa Ketergantungan
Suplemen Penurun Berat Badan Tanpa Efek Samping
Obat Herbal Penurun Kolesterol
Obat Alami Sesak Nafas
Penyebab Kemandulan dan Cara Mengatasinya
Obat Pelancar Peredaran Darah
Cara Mengobati Impoten
Cream Jerawat Herbal Alami
Obat Herbal Paling Ampuh Untuk Atasi Kemandulan