Monday, December 12, 2011

Wrap It Up ~ Blog Hop!

I sent out a little post last week on my other blog about doing a blog hop to celebrate my birthday on the 18th! I thought it would be an awesome way to give something to YOU! Well, I was more than thrilled when I received emails from David Powers King and J.A. Bennett about joining in their blog hop! (They are both reaching 500 followers and wanted to celebrate!) How awesome is that? Being the awesome blogger/conference buddies that they are, I couldn't pass up the opportunity - so I hope you will join in the fun and enjoy this holiday celebration. So consider this a special invitation from J.A., David and myself...
Here's the deal:

Write a piece of flash fiction, poem, or song (300 words or less) for someone you know (real or imaginary). It may be in any genre, but it must have a holiday theme (real or fictional). Post it on your blog anytime between now and when the linky closes. You will then give it to that someone, sometime before the new year.

Give it in the form of an email, on fancy stationary, or laser-etched onto a solid gold plate. Your choice.

Telling us who you're giving it to is optional.

Every eligible entry will qualify for a chance to win one of a few special gifts. The linky will close at 11:59 PM, Friday the 16th (MST). J.A., Leigh, and I will then read, debate, and decide on five winners for the following:

1st: An Amazon Gift Card for $15
2nd: "Champaginer Challenges 2011" and "Totally Clichéd" E-books
3rd: A 5-page critique from David Powers King
4th: A 5-page critique from J. A. Bennett
5th: A 5-page critique from Leigh Covington

Judging will be based on the effectiveness and quality of your writing. There is no point system, no popularity votes, and you do not have to follow us to participate.

We're givers. What can we say?

Sound good? Awesome! Copy and paste the linky code below with your entry. Spread the word! Paste the button on your blog! Tweet the sweetness! We look forward to reading your holiday magic!




Photobucket

23 comments:

David P. King said...

This will be epic. Better than eggnog! :)

Melanie Fowler said...

Hooray, this sounds like fun!

Angela Cothran said...

I hope better than eggnog! You would have to pay me to drink that stuff...yick.

Leigh Covington said...

@David - lol. So much better than eggnog - and that's hard to do!

@Mel - YAY! Glad you're excited about it.

@Angie- Whoo-hoo! Can't wait to read it!

E.R. King said...

Awesome fun! I'm thinking about what I'll write, then I'll enter if I come up with anything. I'm in revisions, so my creativity is running low.

J. A. Bennett said...

Better than eggnog and candy canes, what about that? :)

Jolene Perry said...

I suck, and am not going to do this BUT - BUT, I can't wait to see what everyone else does!!!

Kelley said...

Wow...I am totally on the ball. I was just hit with inspiration. I promise I'm not usually the kid at the front of the class that gets her homework done on the day that it is first assigned. :)

So excited to read everyone else's! And I'm with Angela. It better be better than Egg Nog. Yick! Though...Egg Nog ice cream is very good :)

Jenny S. Morris said...

I love the blog look and I'm trying to come up with something so I can join the blog hop.

Nick Hight said...

Sounds like a great idea! I'll have to get thinking so I can join :)

I'm a new follower :)

Trisha said...

I like it! So I joined :)

Sarah Pearson said...

I'll be blogging about this today (probably after I've battled the supermarket!).

Mark Koopmans said...

Aloha Leigh,

MAHALO to you, Dave and J.A. for arranging a *fun* contest!

PS.... Happy early birthday, have an eggnog for me:)

PPS... You still have my picture on your "eye candy page? Well, I belie- OW!! OW!! Stop...

(My wife just smacked me across the back of the head, and said "You wish, son, you wish.")

Ow... that hurt... I concussed.. send food and eggnog...

Michael Offutt, Expert Critic said...

Happy early birthday, Leigh. I think I shall attempt to enter this blogfest but I gotta write the 300 word story. It shouldn't be too hard.

Fairview said...

What a fun idea!

Peggy Eddleman said...

What an awesome blog hop!

And I LOVE the new look of your blog. So awesome!!

Cortney Pearson said...

What a cute idea for a bloghop. I've read a few entries so far, good stuff!!

ali cross said...

Great blog you've got here Leigh! I love it!

I love your Wrap It Up fest, too. David and Jenny are the best! I can't play this time around, but I'll try to join the next one you do!

Happy Early Birthday!

Lara Schiffbauer said...

I want to play, too! I will have to come back for the link and picture though. This looks like so much fun, and I've enjoyed all the posts I've seen today!

Tara Tyler said...

so sweet of you guys! wish i had known sooner!

Trisha said...

I forgot to post the linky code at first, but I just edited it in.

My entry is a song I wrote and recorded for this very occasion, and the video I then made for it.

Jennifer Lee Young said...

I'm sad I missed the hop:( Next time I guess. Congrats to the winners!! Love your new blog look btw!
p.s. I'm totally taking advantage of the critique offer I read from David's post. I'm sending out my ms tonight! :)

eva fhadilah said...


Banned complain !! Complaining only causes life and mind become more severe. Enjoy the rhythm of the problems faced. No matter ga life, not a problem not learn, so enjoy it :)

Obat Penyakit Liver Ampuh
Obat Herbal Sakit Payudara Bengkak
Obat Kejang Perut
Obat Asma Tradisional
Obat Darah Rendah Alami
Obat Pelangsing Perut
Obat Penyakit Gula Darah Tinggi
Obat Herbal Kanker Otak Terbaik
Obat Herbal Kadar Gula Darah Rendah
Pengobatan Penyakit Radang Usus Buntu